• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Flagstaff Area...

P
Anybody ride up near Flagstaff? I just relocated to the Phoenix area and saw some "snowmobile" area by Wing Mountain today when I was up in Flag.

Obviously not like Wyoming riding but I am curious if there is any riding, ideally off trail, in this area or over near Mormon Lake, or?

Any input is appreciated...

A
Apr 30, 2008
Phoenix, Arizona
Wing Mountain

Wing Mountain is a "Snow Play" area for kids about 10 miles or so North of Flagstaff. I never rode in that area but sure you can on forest service roads. Mormon Lake is South of Flagstaff about 30 miles and the most popular area I know of in Az. and a very snowmobile friendly area. Sometimes I'm the only
one riding, others I see 20-30 snowmobiles. Mormon Lake has a bar/restaurant, small general store and fuel. You can also access it from I-40 @ Munds Park exit and take a 15 mile ride thru the woods or trailer directly to it on Lake Mary Road. Another area is in Eastern Arizona a little past Sunrise Ski Resort. There is a plowed parking area just before a state road that is closed in the winter. There are always other riders up there. No place to stop and get warm, just a lot of open space. 9,200 ft. elevation.

Premium Features