• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Fairview" access from MT Pleasant?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Murray Utah
Going to Mt pleasant Wednesday for work and taking the sleds. Is there SLED access to the Skyline Drive from Mt Pleasant? Or do we have to drive up Fairview cyn? The jobsite is east of Mt P on the side of the valley and the guy says the dirt road goes up top in the summer. Is it passible on a sled since we can park at his place? Any help is appreciated. C:confused:

R
Jan 13, 2008
Utah
We have a cabin in mt pleasant and have tried to figure out a way.. The road you are talking about is pleasant creek canyon.. I havent tried it in the winter.. ANd only can imagine from riding up there in the summer on 4 wheelers it could be a wiked ride... It is very steep off the sides of the road when you get to toward the top of the road so I can only imagine that the road gets drifted with snow. So you would have to side hill an extremely long way on a very steep slope.. Too dangerous for my likeing..

There is another canyon just a little south is the sping city canyon.. My dad, uncle, and I decided to see if we could get on top about a month ago on this road cause we knew it wasnt as bad of a road as pleasant creek.. THere were some snowmobile tracks a mile or two in but everyone had turned around. So we were cuting trail the whole way up. We made it about 7/8 up the canyon road and it was just fine getting up there. But we ran into the same thing that i mentioned with the other one.. The last stretch was drifted over the road and the sides were very steep.. But it wasnt an extremely long ways.. We could have made it across but my dad is not a very experienced sidehiller so we didnt go across.. But we could have made it if everyone was aggressive riders. But it is accessable.. We were the only tracks up that high all season though so there might be a reason for that..

But fairview canyon is your best bet cause its a lot quicker to get on top and youre right at the playing areas.. The ride up the canyon is about an hour maybe a little less and You will have full tanks to just play!!

There may be a different way but havent found it yet.. haha.. Hope that helps a little.. You could also ask snowbigdeal on here.. They are familiar with the area and live down there

Sunridge Sledhead

Lifetime Membership
Apr 17, 2002
Star Valley, Wyoming
Animal's cabin is in a private development called Aspen Hills, but Choke Cherry Ridge is accessable from the road through the development. I know there is a gate, but I think it's open in the Winter. I think there is a road by there, however, that takes you to the South of the property. I think the road just North of the old High School takes you up there, which is East of Mt. Pleasant.

SnowBigDeal

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2003
Mt. Pleasant, UT
www.snowbigdeal.com
Yep, you can drive up Parley's Lane in Mt. Pleasant, or if you are up Pleasant Creek you can take a snowmobile from the flood damn and go north to Parley's lane. Then you can take a couple different paths to get up to Choke Cherry Ridge and from there get up top.

You can also get to the top from Pleasant Creek, but it's not as easy as up the old sheep trail to choke cherry.

Stop by and see us and we'll draw you a map. 14 West Main in Mt. Pleasant

Premium Features