• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ever had one of those days

S
Dec 7, 2007
Elkhorn NE
I have 2 sleds 06 M7 and 09 M1000, I live in Omaha NE (recently moved from Sioux Falls SD). The 09 I had to replace the tank (warrantied cat replacement for filler neck), replace drive shaft bearings, replaced deltaVorce reeds. I do not ride that much usually 2 trips a year to the mountains which are closer from Omaha. I have been riding next to my house in Omaha which kind of shocks the neighbors ( I have a new development with all the streets in but no houses probably 160 acres). Anyway I also have been dealing with a stutter at certain throttle positions with the 09. While taking the throttle body out I found a good thread how to adjust and check the tps. Turns out was with in specs. Got it all put pack together and its still there. I run a full slp exhaust with a P3 usb controller. I did read that the tps could check out but still be the issue. Turns out the M7 has the exact same tps, only problem to get it out is a major pita, basically have to take both throttle bodies out. I pulled them both, still have same issue. Call slp and find out I have to set the tps with the controller, no problem, I follow the instructions and I must have click the wrong the button, problem is I can get it back to where I started, the idle is racing and the P3 is lit up like a Christmas tree. I called dyno jet (great people) he gave the manual setting to put in, back to normal, and it rips on the stand. So the 09 is ready to go. The only thing I have to do to the 06 is grease the skid. I just bought a new grease gun from ace. I noticed that the end locks on to the zerk, problem is it will not let go, pull our a needle nose and I get it off only to have the zerk come off to. I cannot get it to back in, so now I have to pull the suspension, was not an easy fix, ended up drilling and re-taping with a larger bolt, then drilling the bolt and taping it for the zerk.
I store both in my enclosed trailer when not working on them. Basically other than some clutching both are ready to go, I need to move the 09 a little further to make room for the 06, I start it only to see it die 3 minutes later, I pull and pull, would start then die, I am thinking with the miles pretty good chance its the stator, my mind start to play out all these scenarios how I am going to fix and how much more time and money it will take. I had a few minutes so I told myself lets just see if there is gas at pump, pulled the line, gave it a pull, no gas, so I think well it got to be the pump, then I remember when I was running it earlier that the gauge was on E, I open the cap and sure enough dry as a bone. Relief for now,

Last edited:
Premium Features