• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

engine light

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Dude, why waste all this time swapping parts...replace that TPS harness and set the TPS

You can get away with the ecu injector mis match, but I would get the ecu flashed at the dealer to match the injectors when your done troubleshooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Newfusion900

Lifetime Membership
Oct 13, 2011
Blain, Pa
If you replaced all of that and still have a check engine light for tps related codes guess what..... YOU HAVE A TPS RELATED ISSUE!!! Like guido said start with the tps pigtail harness which is a known problem. Next I would get an analog meter and check the tps for a flat spot, if you don't find any problems there reset the tps. If none of this fixes the issue then more than likely you have an issue in the wiring harness. You've been pulling and tugging on it a lot lately by moving it around to change out all of those parts and a weak spot may have pulled or broken.

hdkawi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 12, 2011
Got it fixed was a bad TPS thanks for the help :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steady checkengine led on

HEY ! hello, I m from southern CHILE, I got a 900 very good until I had wet sparkplugs. Took it to the service and they adjusted the TPS and changed sparks. After that it goes great forwards but a steady checkengine led on after an TPS adjustement and I losted reverse. :face-icon-small-con

I read all this posts, and calculate that I should see the tps harness ... is that the black plastic plug of the TPS ? a steady light in the trouble codes it makes references about speed sensor, wiring or CPU. :face-icon-small-fro

Where should I start>? reverse button is dead no signal of any intention. \

please help:hippie:

HEY ! hello, I m from southern CHILE, I got a 900 very good until I had wet sparkplugs. Took it to the service and they adjusted the TPS and changed sparks. After that it goes great forwards but a steady checkengine led on after an TPS adjustement and I losted reverse. :face-icon-small-con

I read all this posts, and calculate that I should see the tps harness ... is that the black plastic plug of the TPS ? a steady light in the trouble codes it makes references about speed sensor, wiring or CPU. :face-icon-small-fro

Where should I start>? reverse button is dead no signal of any intention. \

please help:hippie:

somone ??

SixtySevenGT

Premium Member
Mar 25, 2008
Middleton, Idaho
Before the Service

In this post is a Trouble Code Chart look at "Steady Engine Light"

How did it work before the Service work, was the light on ?

Have you actually ridden it or just idling it.

Did they mess up the TPS adjustment.

Any wires left loose ?

The light was not turned on after I took it to the service, but it need it a tps adjustment. I have ride the sled hard two times before that with out reverse, it is great forwards but steady check engine on and the reverse button does nothing. I will check wiring but the thing is where to start ! well I will start from the TPS and then it will be just nagitaing trough the universe of electrical map. ANY GOOD IDEA ?

Premium Features