• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Elevation 5 dvd

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

motojunkie101

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I got mine yesterday and wow you guys pulled off an AMAZING video this year. The music, filming, and editing are second to none. Jeff I dont know how you did it, but you really upped the bar for all the other sled videos out there.

The opening sequence with smash was a RIOT! I'll leave it at that though, I dont want to give anything away.

If anyone was thinking about buying a video this year, hands down this is the one you need to buy!

bigecb

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
St. Michael, MN
Got mine yesterday... I was one of the lucky winners to get a free one...

I would even pay for this... and I am cheap!

Nice flick! Definitely gonna look for it again next year... even if I dont get a freebie!

M
Nov 26, 2007
with out getting to far off topic (me highjacking the thread)

what is a "full mod" XP like the 2 in Elevation 5? Is it something from the Ski Doo race dept.? Or aftermarket big bore?

A

Anthony Oberti

Jul 4, 2001
Eagle, ID
with out getting to far off topic (me highjacking the thread)

what is a "full mod" XP like the 2 in Elevation 5? Is it something from the Ski Doo race dept.? Or aftermarket big bore?

Both sleds were previous RMSHA race sleds. Stock bore. Aftermarket shocks. For 800's they run VERY good.......and I don't like Ski-Doo;)

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
hey guys...thanks for all the comments on the movie. glad you're liking it!

just a head's up....Team Summit will be at the Boise Snow Show this Friday and Saturday. Come by the booth, pick up a copy of Elevation 5 and say 'hey' to Oberti, Smasher, Shane Kelley and Jesse O'rourke.

Thanks again.

Jeff

S
May 16, 2008
Reno
I am currently watching it for the 3rd time. Great great video. The powder footage is AMAZING. It's like your are right there, feeling the snow hit ya in the chest.

I love the scene where Smasher tries to carve his sled, and he falls off and it heads for the trees. Ya get someone saying oh sheet, the sound of the sled crashing into the tree, and then instant laughter. LMAO! I think he fell off 'cause he had the worlds dumbest looking helmet on. I think I would rather where Hatchers new set up than that! LOL.

Great video, highly reccomend it to all.:beer;:beer;

LMAO I am glad you like the fact I distroyed my sled LOL it was done over gone. The helmet I was wearing was not mine it was Shane's and I was wearing it for the helmet cam video. But yes a totally agree GAY helmet. Glad to hear you loved the film that my wreck could bring so much joy to you. I did laugh the first time I saw it too the sound is amazing. I think if I would have taken off my helmet I would have had a dumbazz look on my face for sure like WTH just happend. Anyways thanks for watching, and I cant wait to get this years filming underway we have some huge ideas for this year...Kris AKA Smasher

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
That was the best sled video I have watched, the footage was crystal clear, and the production/editing was super smooth. It felt more like a ride with the guys and less like a deathmetal video, the sounds track was great.

Cheers and two thumbs up :beer;

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
LMAO I am glad you like the fact I distroyed my sled LOL it was done over gone. The helmet I was wearing was not mine it was Shane's and I was wearing it for the helmet cam video. But yes a totally agree GAY helmet. Glad to hear you loved the film that my wreck could bring so much joy to you. I did laugh the first time I saw it too the sound is amazing. I think if I would have taken off my helmet I would have had a dumbazz look on my face for sure like WTH just happend. Anyways thanks for watching, and I cant wait to get this years filming underway we have some huge ideas for this year...Kris AKA Smasher

Oh, I wasn't laughing 'cause your sled was wrecked, that part where they showed it in the tree sucked, I was laughing because my buds would have done the same thing to me if I were to wreck, sit there and laugh their ***'s off.

Also, I think you could have landed the whip.:beer;

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Personally I LMAO'd when smash is running WFO, hits the little bump and gets tossed...

It shouldn't be smasher smashington...more like smasher crashington :)

S
May 16, 2008
Reno
Sxrlar yes it is funny now the ride out sucked...The whip well I have tried about 15 and landed 4 perfact so this year it is on I plan on getting that down to a T this year so stay posted on that.

MotoJunkie yeah dont know what happend there, it was not planed at all I was going as fast as I could to do a step up jump and I just lost the sled. In my head I was thinking WTF just happend. It did not get put on the movie but the step up did not work out at all. Infact not once but twice I tried and both were endos and the first attempt I knocked myself for a loop. The footage is pretty funny I must say not sure why it did not make the cut??????????? But glad that my carniage could bring you some laughter......LOL...Thanks

T

tkuss

Dec 12, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Have seen quite a few snowmobile vids this year, and this one definitely was the best. Awesome music, great video quality and definitely a very high production quality. I love the little breaks in between songs with the guys poking fun at each other. Hope to watch it again tonight.

I agree with everybody else, if you are going to buy only one video this year, make it this one. It is a great all-around video of powder and hillclimbing.

motojunkie101

Staff member
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
I plan on getting that down to a T this year so stay posted on that.

It looked like you've got the whip part down pretty good...just put some toe hooks on your running boards!

smrsux said:
MotoJunkie yeah dont know what happend there, it was not planed at all I was going as fast as I could to do a step up jump and I just lost the sled. In my head I was thinking WTF just happend. It did not get put on the movie but the step up did not work out at all. Infact not once but twice I tried and both were endos and the first attempt I knocked myself for a loop. The footage is pretty funny I must say not sure why it did not make the cut??????????? But glad that my carniage could bring you some laughter......LOL...Thanks

Man that sucks...I know what its like to come up short when your are hucking something big. I under estimated an 80ft triple once racing motocross. I still dont remember much after that oh chit feeling.

Over all pretty darn good riding this year though smash. I dunno about AO only outclimbing that mod by like 20 feet though...haha.

J
Nov 30, 2007
Clovis, California
Have seen quite a few snowmobile vids this year, and this one definitely was the best. Awesome music, great video quality and definitely a very high production quality. I love the little breaks in between songs with the guys poking fun at each other. Hope to watch it again tonight.

I agree with everybody else, if you are going to buy only one video this year, make it this one. It is a great all-around video of powder and hillclimbing.

WOW! thanks for the great review tkuss!

Jeff

Premium Features