• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Electric Start

R
Jan 30, 2008
Anybody ever taken e start off of a summit or freeride , looking at a freeride with electric start and would want to take off.
thanks

R

rhino

Nov 26, 2007
Greenwater WA
No problem. if i remember right I had to take off the primary clutch off get at the bolts. All the wires just unplug. If you want to sell the starter PM me.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You might check with your dealer because I did it to an 06 rev and after I ran it I couldn't get it to start. It took about 3 or 4 guys pulling for a half hour. The pull start ones needed to be pulled at 500 rpm and the electric start ones needed 700 rpm. Would start fine cold but if you ran it up the trail and shut it off it wouldn't start. Once they changed a little module it was back to normal.

mortelec

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2011
Crosslake, MN
I never thought I wanted or needed electric start or reverse. But after having both I think different. Hit the button and go.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I never thought I wanted or needed electric start or reverse. But after having both I think different. Hit the button and go.

I agree, well at least with the e-start, ride with it and you won't notice the weight and if you do then put a lightweight earths lithium that is made for cold in it..but stock you won't notice it, except when you just push the button and it starts...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I agree, well at least with the e-start, ride with it and you won't notice the weight and if you do then put a lightweight earths lithium that is made for cold in it..but stock you won't notice it, except when you just push the button and it starts...

As a long time weight weenie... I really wish I could disagree, but riding Abby's with Estart, I'm sold. It's so handy for so many reasons. I love having just rolled the sled, sitting on it's right side... and you can hit the button & ride away instead of digging for the rope. Getting a E.X. battery for hers soon.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
As a long time weight weenie... I really wish I could disagree, but riding Abby's with Estart, I'm sold. It's so handy for so many reasons. I love having just rolled the sled, sitting on it's right side... and you can hit the button & ride away instead of digging for the rope. Getting a E.X. battery for hers soon.

Hey I was always the same way you are but I finally went for the electric start, feeling like a wuss, and glad I did. Coming from from someone with a cranky shoulder I am glad I did. It is really awesome when you just rolled the sled over and are on the wrong side to start it. No struggling in, deep snow, to start the sled. I don't think people realize how much energy this saves throughout the day. I used to be one of them. The xm is different because you don't notice the extra weight. When I was riding the t-pro and rode a stock one I was surprised that I could notice the extra weight when not on the gas. Now if I could get my xm to quite being a blubbering pile when sidehilling on the exhaust side in deep snow. I have had that zapp a little energy a time or two.

Premium Features