• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Edge rmk carls 910 clutching help

M
Feb 26, 2014
Minnesota
Hello, looking for some help/info with clutching on my 02 edge rmk with a Carl's 910 in it. It's tough to test and tune it because I only out in togwotee for 4 days once a year so any info will be greatly appreciated. I used the clutching specs from Carl's. Here's all my set up, primary 10-60s almond spring secondary tss 04 black spring 64-40.46 helix. My gearing is 42-20 with 8 tooth drivers and 162 2.5 track. I'm riding 8k-12k in tog. My problem is sometimes it will bog on a climb in the deep about halfway up and always seems to pull slowly up to top rpms on the trails around there. I can only pull 7700-8000. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I prefer the SLP Blue/Pink spring in mine. I run the TSS-98 clutch on mine. I couldn't pull the RPM with the Carl's recommended helix so I run a 60/38 .46 and run the SLP shim so it is a .40. I also run the black/red driven spring which I think is the same as the black now? Not sure on that.

But you might be chasing the wrong thing on the bog on a big climb... the 910 builds big heat and wants lots of air. Mine would bog in over the hood powder or on long climbs and I finally put a bunch more venting in it on the hood to get it to pull more air. I have replaced both 4" gauges with flow rites and have 2 additional small ones installed in the hood.

sled_guy

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana
your geared pretty tall, although efficient, id suspect your top end trail speed to be well over 80 MPH. tss-04 is all I run between cat short track sno pro sx to old Yamaha triple srx mountain to pro/axys mod turbo sleds. They (tss-04) seems to always work better gearing to a lower set (higher final drive ratio) With your elevation and conditions id think a slight gear down and a higher rpm enguagement on your primary spring would together wake the sled up a lot. hope to hear its back on the snow for next season!

Premium Features