• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Eagle & windshield

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
This happened just south of Montpelier

Eaglethroughwindshield.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It does look alive.

BUT how can it be alive after doing that much damage to a windshield? Those winshield things are quite unforgiving to living things.

opel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Harlowton, MT
Had that exact thing happen to me driving home in a 1978 ford about 20 years ago. Woke me right up and the dog pi@$sed on the floor.

A

AMSOILR

Nov 9, 2008
Idaho
The eagle did not die!

That sucks.. Might be crazy, but it still looks alive!!:face-icon-small-sho

I assumed the eagle died in the accident, but this morning as I was listening to our local radio station, they said it did not die. The Fish and Game took the dazed eagle to Jackson for rehab. I know it seems unreal but that's the word. :face-icon-small-sho ( yz400ez you were totally right )

M

mnescape

Nov 3, 2004
Oak Grove, MN
Wow...does that bring back some memories!

We had the same thing happen back in 1995 when coming back from some western riding. I was driving when I crested a hill somewhere in Montana and seen the Eagle on the side of the road eating some road kill. All of a sudden, the Eagle popped up and started flying right across the truck. Hit the bird on the passenger side windshield. Shattered the glass a ripped off the Lund Visor...remember those?? Small glass shards when flying into my buddies lap as he was sleeping in the front seat....He's never admitted it, but I think he may have crapped his pants a little!! :face-icon-small-win

This is where is gets crazy.....Eagle kept flying, came back around to grab his kill, and took off!

Them are some STRONG birds!!

Premium Features