• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dude, Where's my Camper

P
Went to shovel off my Lance Slide-in Pickup camper this weekend after having to work OT for two days running a snowblower to help keep the highway open during a "small" snowstorm. Was surprised to see the snow level with the camper. We've had 290.1" total snowfall since the start of the season, I guess there's a reason Valdez was named the "snowiest" city in America.

Just thought I'd share, now just need some nice days and time off to go riding....

winter11 019.jpg

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
salt

keep the salt on the road not here in our wounds!!! such a jerk hahaha

seriously hope you all make it through that, keep warm. that could go wrong in so many ways power outages, roof collapses, iced plumbing, no supplies all that stuff

now send that south im ready allready

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I heard some town east of Anchorage got 10' in that storm.

C

cjgodden

Nov 26, 2007
Palmer, Alaska
I heard some town east of Anchorage got 10' in that storm.

Cordova is all over the news, but they actually have more in valdez, cordova's just is not prepared for it like they are in valdez.

In anchorage we had a total of 74" last year all winter and as of monday we have already had 73". its gonna be a great year, but its about time. The last 3 or 4 years have been crap. So we are due.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Yeah, today's paper said they got about 15 FEET. A couple more shabby feet were on it's way to close out the storm. WTH???????

sidehil

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Federal Way
we need a handout, push it to WA please. I promise to leave some for the riders east of us!

P
Here's a couple more pics, it's nuts right now. Our Grade school was closed on Tues morn till Friday because they are afraid of the snowload exceeding 90lbs per square foot. So they have crews working around the clock shoveling the roof. My wife and I just got a call tonight that the Jr. High and High School will be closed tomorrow and Friday. Several buildings around town have collapsed due to the snow. I've already shoveled my roof twice and have to start again tomorrow night. We're at 317 inches for the season with 246 of that since Dec. 1st. Cordova's making the news because they usually get a snowstorm that turns to rain. Well the last few storms have stayed cold. We're used to getting lots of snow our city maintenence crews use a fleet of Cat loaders and Cat graders to clear the streets. Our AKDOT guys here in town and on Thompson Pass run 2 crews day and night 7 days a week for plowing and us mechanics work 5 day M-F. Our snow dumps are getting full but we have another dozer from another camp up north to help push up the snow so we have more room.
The pic with my truck is the snowbank on the edge of my driveway. It's not been shoveled up onto or snowblown, that's the amount of snow standing untouched on the ground..

winter11 021.jpg winter11 020.jpg

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Would you be interested in a not-so-foreign exchange student who doesn't really go to school come live with you for winter? I don't need much room, just a place to park a sled and some riding gear. I probably won't even be home that much :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features