• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dragon VS non Dragon???

B

BigTruck

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 1, 2007
Maple Valley/North Bend
So I keep hearing of all the Dragon's that are experiancing problems. My question is this.

Are the Dragon's experiancing more problems than the non Dragons? I own an 08 600 RMK and an 09 800 RMK of wich I have had zero problems with either. Is the Dragon ECU different than the non? Or are all the motors the same?

Just looking for input.

Rob.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
it really doesn't have to do with a dragon or non-dragon, it is a motor issue with the 800s. some have major issues have have non. if you are without issue, be happy.

pv

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
no, it's not a dragon issue.
There appears to be an electrical problem with the 800 that cause it to go lean and burn down the engine.

J

Jkinzer

Nov 27, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
well at our shop at least it is a dragon only issue and as far as polaris is concerned it is mainly a dragon only issue as well. we have had 6 dragons come back this year w/ either electrical or piston failures and zero rmk's. their have been a few rmk's that have had regulator issues but probably 80% or better have been all dragons. and yes i know that the dragons have higher sales but there still hasn been hardly any standard rmk's that have come in. when we asked polaris about this, they said they dont have a clue why its been mainly dragons, and they dont even have a serial number range of dragons that are having issues. supposedly they are figuring it out and there is talk about a mandatory recall for all 800cfi sleds once they have some more time to work on the issue and hopefully resolve it.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
What are the numbers of Dragons vs. RMK (non-Dragons)? I don't see very many RMK only 800's.

Premium Features