• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Don't buy Motofist gear They don't stand behind it

P
Feb 26, 2008
I bought a pair of Motofist's top boots last year at the Novi Snow show. The boots list price is 369.00. I though for the price would be high quality. With the short season last year I used the boots a handful of times. So these boots with last weeks ride have been worn say five times. When I went riding last weekend and my feet were soaked. So I emailed customer service and they told me I need a receipt to get the boat replaced. Mind you I'm not asking for a refund I just want a boot that doesn't get wet. After several emails I'm out 400.00 more or less plus the cost of what ever boats I buy to replace these with proper boots.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Warranty is usually awesome from them, if something was built wrong they will get it fixed or just replace the boots. Show em a receipt and your good to go. Not sure what the issue is?

Ive got 20+ days so far on my alphas this year and loving them. Nicest boots I've ever owned.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
Motorfist has been nothing but amazing to deal with and there customer service is top notch, been running there gear for years now 0 complaints

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Same here, had my pants replaced once because the butt and knees were leaking and they sent me a brand new updated pair of pants since mine were discontinued. Great service from what I've dealt with.

So what's the problem with showing them a receipt? Can you get one?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Kinda like eating out. If you eat at a place long enough you will get crappy food. If the service is good you will go back. If you get crappy food and service you will probably be done.
I've had good luck with them. I think klim gear is better and I got shot down for warranty on something I shouldn't have.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Warranty is usually awesome from them, if something was built wrong they will get it fixed or just replace the boots. Show em a receipt and your good to go. Not sure what the issue is?

Ive got 20+ days so far on my alphas this year and loving them. Nicest boots I've ever owned.

I've been wearing MotorFist since 2010.
I've had a couple warranty items.

NO PROBLEM...because I had a receipt.

justinkredible56

Lifetime Membership
Dec 24, 2007
Eagle Mountain, UT
So just so I know, because I definitely don’t still have the receipt for any of my motorfist stuff, the warranty is 100% tied to the receipt and not to the garment itself??

Seems weird...nothing I hate more than having to store stacks and stacks of receipts indefinitely just in case. I thought those days were over!

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
seems like every time i buy something they always ask for an e-mail and/or phone number.

maybe they have one of those on record for you and they can tie one of those to the purchase?

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
I agree that receipts can be a pain, but the snowmobile industry can still be a little old-school. Do you recall which vendor you purchased them from at Novi? Some of the better vendors keep all of those records. It's a busy time of year, but it may not hurt to shoot them an email and see if you could get a duplicate copy of your receipt.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
So just so I know, because I definitely don’t still have the receipt for any of my motorfist stuff, the warranty is 100% tied to the receipt and not to the garment itself??

Seems weird...nothing I hate more than having to store stacks and stacks of receipts indefinitely just in case. I thought those days were over!

I agree, holding on to more reciepts sucks. I understand to a point that they dont want to be replacing someones stolen gear, but I think its a poor excuse to not replace something or make it right. If it comes out of their factory, they should honor the warranty.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Motorfist has product registration like pretty much every other gear manufacture out there. Had you done that like you are supposed too near the time of purchase they would already have your information.

Also this is another great reason to buy all your gear direct as then they would have had your information from your order.

When you made your purchase at the show did you at least get all signed up with that vendor? If so I bet they have your purchase history. If you paid cash and didn't sign up with them then I bet you are out of luck sadly.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Have had gear with them from the begging and have had nothing but a perfect relationship with them.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Everyone does the warranty registration because a lot of people don't fill it out. Manufacturers way of weaseling out of a bunch of expense. Kind of like mail in rebates. Sales pitch and a bunch don't send them in.

Premium Features