• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Does Norona pay to advertise here?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
What is he selling??? I see him reviewing products and making informative vids on the products he likes using.
I like the mountain lab lights, I got one based on his review and from other sledders last season.

He does the samething on other major forums.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I am sponsored by my wife, so I don't need no advertising income to feed my sledding habit.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I agree if you don’t like it, don’t open a thread started by him. I wish all manufacturers would have someone on here to answer questions people have on their products.

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Thumbs up for Norona, lot's of skidoo accessories he does great videos on. It's nice seeing the product fully gone through instead of just a catalogue picture.

LPIdaho

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
IF,ID
This is a fair question as it's like $500+ for the rest of us to advertise on here so if someone is getting it for free we all should.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
This is a fair question as it's like $500+ for the rest of us to advertise on here so if someone is getting it for free we all should.

Most people that advertise, own a company and they are promoting the products they are selling.
Norona is a ambassador for numerous companies and promotes their products that they sell.
So with the logic from some of the comments on here, everyone should have to pay to advertise if they want to promote or sell something that’s in their possession.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Most people that advertise, own a company and they are promoting the products they are selling.
Norona is a ambassador for numerous companies and promotes their products that they sell.
So with the logic from some of the comments on here, everyone should have to pay to advertise if they want to promote or sell something that’s in their possession.
I see how it could be interpreted that way, but He is the product, and by posting all the stuff on every platform is how he sells himself to get companies to pay him to push their products.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I see how it could be interpreted that way, but He is the product, and by posting all the stuff on every platform is how he sells himself to get companies to pay him to push their products.

I see your point, IMO he is the only one out there doing these types of reviews, putting the time in to do what he does for us, the viewers/sledders.
If the mods on this forum or others had a issues with it, would of been addressed. Snow and mud is a paid advertisement site as well, and they gave him his own thread.
Norona has been doing this for a long time, he hasn’t really changed his delivery on is info, but this is the first thread I’ve seen on this topic.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Again, I would like if every sled manufacturer had an ambassador to demonstrate and answer products questions. Can’t believe anyone has an issue with it, but if you do DON’T open a thread started by him.

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
Again, I would like if every sled manufacturer had an ambassador to demonstrate and answer products questions. Can’t believe anyone has an issue with it, but if you do DON’T open a thread started by him.
I kind of think they all do, but it would seem some of them are just a little more subtle in the approach.
I for one have no problem with anyone wanting to opine about it just as I don't mind you telling everyone not to open a thread to which they don't like the content

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Does Norona pay to advertise here?
No.
Norona pays nothing to SnoWest for the privilege of posting product reviews here.

But then again.
Neither does anyone else.

So long as "HE" is not selling anything commercially, then he is free to post as many product reviews and endorsements as his heart desires.
Just as you are.

However.
Should our good friend Norona decide to change course and enter into the DIRECT SALES MARKETPLACE, and begin endorsing HIS OWN PRODUCTS and imbedding direct links to HIS STORE, then we would have a conversation about becoming a paid sponsor.

C
Nov 19, 2009
No.
Norona pays nothing to SnoWest for the privilege of posting product reviews here.

But then again.
Neither does anyone else.

So long as "HE" is not selling anything commercially, then he is free to post as many product reviews and endorsements as his heart desires.
Just as you are.

However.
Should our good friend Norona decide to change course and enter into the DIRECT SALES MARKETPLACE, and begin endorsing HIS OWN PRODUCTS and imbedding direct links to HIS STORE, then we would have a conversation about becoming a paid sponsor.
Well in a way he is paid by the product owners to advertise lol. Maybe not all the products but he definitely gets somthing.

Therefore he should have to contribute something to snowest in my opinion

Premium Features