• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dakota Lithium DL 135 AH Batteries

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
1. I have 1 280ah Dual Purpose Starter (1000 CCA) and Deep Cycle. New in Sealed box. $995 (less than 50% cost of new). Weighs 65lbs.
2. I have 2 of the 135ah Dual Purpose Starter (1000 CCA) and also Deep Cycle. New in sealed box and weighs only 27lbs. $495 each or $900 for both ($1300 new each with tax).

These are Lifepo4 so very safe (wont burn or blow up) for your enclosed trailer . It can easily run all your electronics and start your truck motor. It is also super compact at only 9"L x 7"W x 8"H

comes with a Dakota 10 amp charger.

Had a project that is no longer in the plans so im selling them. I live in Mukilteo, WA.

Last edited:

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Yes they are still available.

I have just 1 Dakota 135AH on my boat and couldn't be happier. Saved 100 lbs from the 2 deep cycles i took out from the stern and now the boat planes faster and stays there with less rpm too. Cranks 3 times faster and what seems like endless cranking power to start the motor. Incredible batteries!

Last edited:

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
I also have some new Dakota DL 60AH for $220 each. They cost $650 new and only weigh in at 16.5 lbs. These batteries should work in your truck, car or boat (so do the 135AH). A new lead acid battery with same cranking amps is about the same price with taxes and requires a core trade in.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
If these are LiFePO4 batteries, do they have internal heaters?

I only ask because a LiFePO4 battery can not be charged at temp. below 32 deg (F) as it will ruin the battery.

So these (without internal heaters) would not work for cold/winter applications. Should be great for summer application though!

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
If these are LiFePO4 batteries, do they have internal heaters?

I only ask because a LiFePO4 battery can not be charged at temp. below 32 deg (F) as it will ruin the battery.

So these (without internal heaters) would not work for cold/winter applications. Should be great for summer application though!
Good question. Below is from Dakota's website. There is a reason these things are so darn expensive.

"If you are planning to regularly charge your battery below freezing temperatures we recommend the DL+ 12V 135Ah battery which has an internal heating element and is optimal for use in cars, trucks, RVs, off grid solar, and any application where the battery will be charged regularly in extremely cold environments (like a North Dakota winter)."

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Good question. Below is from Dakota's website. There is a reason these things are so darn expensive.

"If you are planning to regularly charge your battery below freezing temperatures we recommend the DL+ 12V 135Ah battery which has an internal heating element and is optimal for use in cars, trucks, RVs, off grid solar, and any application where the battery will be charged regularly in extremely cold environments (like a North Dakota winter)."
I should add that the DL 60ah does NOT have the internal heater. The BMS will protect the battery by not letting it charge under 32F. You could insulate it like you would an exposed water pipe and that will help a bunch below 32F. These batteries can be mounted in any positions, even upside down (weighs 16 lbs)..

Turboless Terry, your 3 batteries have been shipped. I still have some more if anyone else is interested.

Last edited:

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
Price drop

$295 for the DL 135AH ($1300 new)
$195 for the DL 60AH ($650 new)

Plus shipping

Wa. sledr

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
All are SOLD. I do not have anymore batteries. Thanks