• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CR tube tunnel vs. aluminum

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
Has anyone tried the cr racing carbon skin chromo tube tunnel? The price is ridiculous but i'm curious as to how durable they are compared to the regular tunnels with the stiffener plates. In the market for a tunnel and while I want some leightweight durability is what i'm moreso shooting for.

regular tunnels have replaceable tails but i've seen tube chassis sleds in the past be ridiculously strong. And as much as i would rather build my own tube tunnel i do not have the means to do so.

thx
spenser

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
i called up chad he wants 4k :doh: for the carbon vs the regular is approx 2700 ish? after powdercoat and side plates

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
I have one and i love it ! the only bad thing is the cf popped out rivets in places , this has been fixed on this years model . The running boards should sell this tunnel alone , best on the market by far :face-icon-small-hap

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
pylon do they just have a tab welded on the suspension brackets or is strong and gusseted? I am looking for a tunnel/suspension combo that i can set for big climbs but durabilty is also a key factor in what im looking for, wanna be able to do a little airtime and not have to hold back cuz parts will bend so easy, any other pros and cons compared to a regular tunnel? the tube tunnels are plenty of cash and they gotta be frickin amazing to be worth it imo,

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
the rear skid mount is 2 tubes dropped down from the main frame . the tunnel is modular , so if you break or bend a side you can replace that part . if i tore the cf id just patch it up my self though . also the front mounting point for the skid has some adjustment to it . I wanted it just for the running boards , opened up like the skinz and heated . then new version of these tunnels are sick to say the least , the carbon fiber has been stepped up huge for this year . A major down side is unless chad builds you a special tunnel they are only set up for his M10 skid as far as i know . had a few spills last year on it with no dammage and walked into the shop only to find 3 girls having a dance party on the tail section , thats stong enough for me . i ride revy lots if you wanna see it some time

Premium Features