• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Coolant temps

M
Oct 26, 2014
plus.google.com
My tto temp gauge coming from my thermobob is consistently 20f+ cooler than what my power tuner says. The hotter the head temperature is the greater spread between the two. I usually see 150 to 170 on the tto with minimal fuel in the oil after a few days of rippin

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
My tto temp gauge coming from my thermobob is consistently 20f+ cooler than what my power tuner says. The hotter the head temperature is the greater spread between the two. I usually see 150 to 170 on the tto with minimal fuel in the oil after a few days of rippin

Where does the power tuner plug in?

M
Jan 14, 2004
My YZ came with a Yamaha power tuner. I haven't even plugged it in yet. I know it can monitor a bunch of stuff. Is temperature one of the functions? I have no clue, I guess I could read the manual at some point. The connector on my YZ is on the left side of the frame next to the triple clamps. I made up a weather pack for the connector less the data line so that's what my light plugs into.

M5

M
Oct 26, 2014
plus.google.com
My YZ came with a Yamaha power tuner. I haven't even plugged it in yet. I know it can monitor a bunch of stuff. Is temperature one of the functions? I have no clue, I guess I could read the manual at some point. The connector on my YZ is on the left side of the frame next to the triple clamps. I made up a weather pack for the connector less the data line so that's what my light plugs into.

M5
Ya definitely read the manual..monitors basics like rpm, run time, diagnostic codes,etc. Most of all you can adjust fuel and timing, make your own maps...look into into what maps others with same bike have good luck with and go from there. Makes a big difference from mild to wild once you learn how to use it.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Plugs into the diagnostic port

Guess i mean where is it reading temps from. when i read this the first time i misread. Thought you were talking about another aftermarket tdmp guage/gps thingy.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I used a buddy’s Yamaha tuner to switch mine to very aggressive at the beginning of last season. Ran good but my pr2 oulls alot harder. Maybe i was afraid to go aggressive enough with the Yamaha tuner. Didnt even know it had a trmp guage but my thermobob id coming pretty much right out of the head so?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Anybody thought of running Evan's waterless coolant? No water so it won't boil.

No. Pain in the ***. Just run engine ice or something similar and top off with one or two ounces if you boil over. Don’t fix shat ain’t broken.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
My tbob is up close to the rad.. 6 inches from head

Wouldnt think a few inches would make a difference before it goes into the radiator. Didn’t know the Yamaha controler graphed temps like that. That’s interesting.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Nice. I really couldnt smell gas in my oil until i sniffed it next to brand new oil. Not that i think a tiny bit of gas is hurting when you change your oil every other ride or so anyway.

M
Oct 26, 2014
plus.google.com
Nice. I really couldnt smell gas in my oil until i sniffed it next to brand new oil. Not that i think a tiny bit of gas is hurting when you change your oil every other ride or so anyway.
Last year we got lucky with the snow in bc and from constantly being in neck deep pow we all had lots of fuel in the oil..tuner definately helped. Never had that problem the previous year. Was getting 3 days/oil change vs every ride.

S

s.back

Jan 29, 2017
rohnert park, ca.
I just used the inline fitting and put it close to the head. Temp should be close to what ecu is seeing being that it's next to the bikes temp sensor.

20171212_205153.jpg

Premium Features