• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Constant CEL Flash...DET Sensor?

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Today my '08 800 hit a bogged and lost RPM on a short WOT. It was similar to the problem i had earlier in the season when I believe my stator got wet. I have not had the same issue after drying it out. After the most recent bog I stopped and checked a couple things. Temps were at 122*, voltage was only 1 bar down from top & idle seemed consistent enough. unfortunately, i'm this may be my last ride of the season and i'd like to get this figured out before it messes up my first ride of next season. any ideas?

I'm running the fix kit about 100 miles on new rings w/ plugged exhaust valves.

video of CEL:
http://youtu.be/oeXMNTlIMN8

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
I guess i should add that i'm not trying to be lazy, I've read the chart. Can anyone tell me by watching the video if this is a one flash condition or something different? If so, i'll be checking the TPS wires and possibly it's voltage.

I'm just curious as this appears to be an intermittent issue. Those are always fun to track down.

Snowbird11

Lifetime Membership
May 29, 2011
SLC/Samak, Ut
Blinkcodes.jpg

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
To me, that looks like the DET system triggered. From what I recall from my '08, the first step is a solid CEL. If detonation continues (if you don't back out of the throttle ASAP), the CEL will start flashing and your RPM will be limited until you shut down and re-start the engine. After a restart, the CEL will go out and the engine will be back to normal. On my sled, the DET never triggered at WOT, always in the midrange....

Premium Features