• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

consensus on best ski

R
Apr 18, 2016
I inherited a snowbike and with that a few extra skis, I am overwhelmed sort of with all the crap in my garage right now. I would like to thin the skis a bit and sell a half dozen motorcycles but thats another thread haha. Anyway I have original timbersled, new timbersled and Yeti...which would you be keeping?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I inherited a snowbike and with that a few extra skis, I am overwhelmed sort of with all the crap in my garage right now. I would like to thin the skis a bit and sell a half dozen motorcycles but thats another thread haha. Anyway I have original timbersled, new timbersled and Yeti...which would you be keeping?
Depends if it is gen 1 new timbersled or gen 2.

Gen 1 new timbersled is too flimsy and darts badly.

If it’s gen 2 I’d keep that.

Otherwise the old timbersled ski.

What spindle?

M
Jan 14, 2004
What's your favorite color? You're going to get all kinds of answers. Personally I would keep the Yeti ski so long as its not the snapper (2018 I think.

M5

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
I have used the mototrax, timbersled backcountry, yeti and cmx. Least negatives timbersled backcountry. best deep no crust, yeti. best trail ski cmx. yeti dangerous in crust, cmx harder to turn but holds edge and very stability on trail. I would like to try the backcountry on my yeti but dont exchange easy. If I had my backcountry back I would adapt it to my yeti. probably try mnt top at some point. hope this helps

E
Dec 19, 2007
It's a good time to start looking at the zf ski. It looks just like the back country ski but has the more modern molded saddle mount. I have not tried one but I'm on the list to get one for next season.

Premium Features