• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4M Ride Final Details!

C
Nov 30, 2007
crested butte CO
good times

Well todays ride was a complete success! Evryone had fun, no avys , no injuries, and ony minor equipment problems. We rode the hills on the side of kebler pass road, then carved up splains gulch, then Pounded Ruby mountain from the foort to nearly the top. We finished off the day playing above the Irwin Lodge. Awsome day, and great people. Incredible deer jerky!!
pics will have to be posted by others.
thanks everyone for an awsome day on the hill.
Rob

H
Dec 1, 2007
Oh great wizard!!!!

Hey Rob just wanna thank you for an awesome day!!!!!!!!! I will be coming back up.I gonna pm Troy my cell# and I am gonna try and come over in a couple of weeks once I get back from Denver.And remember you may have highmarked over on Ruby but the "S" turns going up the bowl look a lot cooler........lol.Hope to ride with you again sometime. Later....Sven

Y
Jan 2, 2002
Keenesburg, Co.
Sven, you whore! wtf, I thought you where going to hit the ears wit us? ;)
Look me up soon, seems my riding buddy is having some work issues.

Next time buddy! We're having a blast up here, hope the 4m ride is just as good!!

Anytime. anyone!

alrevedup

Lifetime Membership
May 12, 2007
New Mexico
GunniApexRider ran over MtnDoo
IMG_0209.jpg

CBRob is part bird
IMG_0241.jpg

More pics to come

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
A few more pics...

What a great day! (aside from getting run over by an 2000lb Apex)
Thanks Chad for organizing the event and to all of the sponsors!

It was fun to meet everyone - have fun on Sunday, stay safe and enjoy!

Note to self: Next Raffle, have Joe Mama buy the tickets for you! Maybe I can give Joe Mama some of Beer Gut's Beef Jerkey if he'll by raffle tickets....

Kebler Pass
SnoTrackers
Pre-Ride
Toys
Poo Help
Dyke/Ruby
Ruby Climbs
Ruby Climbs 2
Above 4mride08
Above 4mride08 2
4M Dinner
Joe Mama Wins again!
Thanks Chad!!

Snoman69

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2003
Colorado Springs
Keep the pics coming..... I am living vicariously through you guys....

Looks like a great time.... Wish I could have made it, stupid work:mad:

Definitely want to hook up with some of you guys in March..... I can't wait to check out CB...

H
Dec 1, 2007
POO Help?

I think the POO woulda been fine it was short fat person on the top that needed the help.....LMAO!!!! Once again Doo thanks for the help with stuck up there but did ya have to bring back proof of my terrible riding skills.LOL

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Haha! The poo & rider were fine - I just thought the view from the roof was a good one.

Glad to help -I'll think twice before turning off a Poo motor again. ;-)

BTW - I like the CPI twins.

MD.

Last edited:
H
Dec 1, 2007
Roof?

Roof what roof????? All I could see was trench!!!!!!!!!! Anybody got a free 2 stroke turbo for me? Or maybe I could just mount a breather on my sled so I could look cool like Troy!!!!!!!......Nah the turbo would be fine!!!!

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
Great pics guys!!!

Wish I could of made it! That area is so awesome and Rob is the best guide!!

Rob if the SOCO crew makes it to CB can you guide us around? Will pick up dinner and a beer or two...:beer;

C
Nov 30, 2007
crested butte CO
Heck yea boondock. I'll trade you some guide service for another lesson on hi-marking. We finished out the day on the backside of Axtell, that same area we rode last time you were here. We did not go for the full axtell loop, or go to the top. I had a little avaphobia going on... but that stuff on the backside was untracked and an absolute blast.

C
Sep 18, 2003
Keenesburg CO
I've got a little more counting to do, but it looks safe to say we raised over $700 for CSA's Right to Ride fund. :) You guys down there did a great job on the ride, heard nothing but good things about the riding. (except having to leave early...) Thanks to CBRob, MtnDoo, Alrevdup for leading rides, GunniApexRider for the same and doing the paypal for the raffle (I'll be getting with people who won and weren't present)...JoeMama and Katmandeux for the kegs. And of course, VerticalEdge69 for the great raffle prizes.

BIG props out to the businesses in Gunnison. Morril and his crew at Sun Sports for helping out people needing stuff and for donating a bunch to the raffle. Fritz and the crew at Gunnison motorsports for getting parts after hours and donating to the raffle. WaterWheel, Super 8 and Quality Inn for cheap lodging...lots of people went above and beyond!

B

Boondock

Oct 4, 2001
Colorado
www.snowest.com
Heck yea boondock. I'll trade you some guide service for another lesson on hi-marking. We finished out the day on the backside of Axtell, that same area we rode last time you were here. We did not go for the full axtell loop, or go to the top. I had a little avaphobia going on... but that stuff on the backside was untracked and an absolute blast.

Sweet!! Sounds good Rob!

Will talk to the crew and do our best to make it over the mountain. Had a blast with ya last time and some of the best views in the state IMO.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
2009 ?

So..... This weekend went quite well thanks to Chad & others- fun & safe all around.

Let's think about what we could do to expand on this success for 2009!

For one, I think we could do a grill lunch out on the hill somewhere - maybe take a few grills up on the BR2k to the Y. And I think we could work with Morril(Yami/Poo), Fritz(Kitty Cat), and Lake City Auto or Felkers etc.. to line up demo rides for the event. Also - I was thinking maybe we could rent/beg/borrow/steal the firehouse in CB or the CB Arts Center for dinner.

If there's interest, I think we could keep it growing!
Let's pencil in President's Day, Feb 2009 for now.

Glad everyone came down.

MtnDoo

Premium Features