• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Colorado 4m Misfits 2008-Day 1

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
PJ, that drop was right next to where we were climing on the south side saturday. Where Jim filmed. I figuered out how to capture stills from the video so I'll post up some from previous days. It's high def vid and the pic quality is pretty good for vid. The vids we took came out pretty cool, I just need to get a firewire and some editing software to get it rolling.

Chit, there was a lot more snow there Monday. If we had had that much new on Friday I would have dropped in. Looks like there was almost 2' of new down on that side. Bushy, why didn't ya call me and let me know that the snow was that deep? I would've been there in a flash!

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Skibreeze (Dave) on saturday. He rides one legged and pretty damned good at it! And McLovin the woodsman..

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Thanks Jim:)

Bushmaster, 4strokin, Ragin hemi,Yammer, PJ, McLovin, Moki, dudes...

Last edited:

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Chit, there was a lot more snow there Monday. If we had had that much new on Friday I would have dropped in. Looks like there was almost 2' of new down on that side. Bushy, why didn't ya call me and let me know that the snow was that deep? I would've been there in a flash!

You got my #! Sorry man, didn't know you wanted to go:( Thought you knewed it were snowin:confused: Yep, about 18" of pow on Sat/Sunday and monday was mostly sunny. Set up during the day. Tue would have been epic in the dark timber. Bright sun and 40:D but I had to get home. Looks like more on the way!

Buddy might come up from junction on the w/e for an old time reunion:) Ya comin Ray:confused: You can have the warm spot buddy;)

I'll be up for Fri night/Sat/Sun next w/e, cmon up.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Not the parking lot driveway like was planned...

Looks easy:face-icon-small-sho

but you probably would have run out of gas at the ramp. lol

duke11 (Large).JPG duke12 (Large).JPG duke13 (Large).JPG duke14 (Large).JPG duke15 (Large).JPG duke16 (Large).JPG Duke17 (Large).JPG

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Sunday was great at the wall and in the aspen with Dave and Murray. Hammered down snow all day. Murray did great on the vector...for a 75 year old man:D We were all the way down by hwy 14 near that barn. Just a little disorientateded:face-icon-small-coo Really an epic (well above average) year so far. I've rode areas I never got down into before (noob).

McDuken building a ramp to "jump" the driveway. I got stuck on the ramp and trenched the snot out of it!:eek: Jump post-poned to a later date:p

The HD vid is really cool of all the climbs and stunts (nice job jim (might need a tripod Mortenson), Chris and Mua) I'll cut together a collage of the years footage and post it up here or make a DVD. Interested parties can get a 1080i hd vid of our footage for 50 bucks! All I need is a few interested people to step up so I can buy the "special" software! then the price drops to postage and cost. lol

JimNytro (Small).JPG Moki,Ragin,4strkn, (Small).JPG Jim,Ralph,Rod,Murray,Chris,M1.JPG TrenchedM (Large).JPG DintHappen.JPG McDuken1 (Large).JPG DaveAspenPow.JPG

Last edited:

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Well, we will have to find some more climbs then. Hopefully we get some more big dumps so we can go out and get stupid and not worry about getting hurt too bad. I have to work the next day, ya know! I am getting pumped, that XP is a great sled. My brother thinks that the "burble" was overrev since it only happened at WOT. I'll drop the clickers down 1 (200 rpm) and see what happens. Plugs might be bad too but I shouldn't have to re-jet. I'll try a few things this weekend if i can get out.

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Definitely track down that burble at WFO. Probably like ya say. Plugs looked OK, might check the wash though. Don't know doo's, but I've had bad outcomes following such sounds.

R
Feb 7, 2008
Littleton
The drops the Duke was doing were flat out sick....he said it was easy and just like jumping drifts too which I replied I might just stick to the drifts....

Monday was great snow. Thanks Bush for helping me with the pull chord...I took it apart last night and the rope looked like a birds nest. No wonder my sled was running rough...it had enough rope parts inside to choke a donkey...

bushy

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2004
Glacier View, CO
Who's the burly feller in the avatar Steve?

Should have just gone with the pull rope method from the get go! I guess we screwed up the reassembly:D

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Definitely track down that burble at WFO. Probably like ya say. Plugs looked OK, might check the wash though. Don't know doo's, but I've had bad outcomes following such sounds.

You know how hard it is to check wash on the new Doos? I either need to pull the jackshaft to remove the secondary, pull the airbox and then pop the head or I can spend $300 and get a bore scope. Either way, it's a pain! I'm gonna start with the RPMs and try new plugs. If it still happens, guess I'll take it to the Dealer.

T

trinitypowder

Nov 26, 2007
I wanna go there! I need to show Duke that Sofa pilots can drop rocks like that too! I'll probably get ejected on the landing and chase my sled into the trees, but I'll try it:eek:

D
Nov 27, 2007
Let's do it Ike. After that we'll come back and gap this road

attachment.php

Premium Features