• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Clutching/Map for 2013 pro 800 with bolt ons and 19/45 gearing

P
Nov 13, 2020
I have a 2013 standard rmk 800 155 (chain case with bulkhead cooler), last season I was running it with a unit six can (silber turbos NA line), stock 2.4 track, 19/45 gearing, stock secondary clutch helix with the black/purple secondary spring, the primary had a blue pink spring and 10-60 weights and I also tried it with the black green spring as well, stock head/compression. I was pulling 7700-8050 rpm with this setup between 8000-11000ft. My average rpm seemed to be right around 7900 range but in long climbs at WOT it left me wanting more as my track speed was in the mid 30mph range. The set up was pretty good in the meadows while boondocking and it also did pretty good in the trees but definitely could use some more refinement.

Over the fall I happened to get a good deal on a PCV, slp pipe, vforce 3 reeds, as well as a secondary with a 60/40/40 helix (I assume it must be the kurts custom clutch kit, I’m 99% positive it used those angles and the gold spring) so now I’ve bolted those parts up but the PCV only had the one map on it and it was for a carl's cycle 900. I’m not really sure where to start on tuning this setup, funds are limited at the moment with my wife being in grad school and with me being out of work due to the pandemic so I'm trying to avoid buying an autotune or taking the sled to a shop for a custom tune if possible. I also don't want to spend the majority of my season trying to build/tune different maps myself as I will be starting a new career in February and I'd like to ride as much as possible before then. I would like to assume this set up would be pretty close to one of the stage kits offered by SLP or Bikeman but I don’t want to assume and lean it out and lose riding time due to blowing my motor.

I know its not the latest or greatest but with funds being tight the 850 will have to wait until next year (Thanks Covid) I'm just trying to get a few more usable hp and kept it pump gas reliable. I would love to get 2 reliable maps one for low elevation under 3K and one for high elevation over 8k for pump gas, any help or suggestions for maps or clutching would be greatly appreciated (I have plenty of different primary/secondary springs and weights too if needed). I have a trip out west coming up in about a month and am hoping to have this setup dialed in for it. Most of the riding will be between 9-10k and will be in open areas/tree lines with some occasional chute climbs.

Once again thank you for any help or suggestions.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
I've done similar to my 2012 pro rmk. I found a great deal on an SLP pipe kit and ran that last season. I emailed SLP directly and they were very helpful, sent me setup info and fuel maps to use.

Premium Features