• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

clutch weights

H
Nov 8, 2010
Hi
just wondering what weight do you experience guys recommend for a 2003 vertical edge 800 with a 151 .I hear that the stock weights are to light 10/56. This sled will be going the mountains several times and trail riding

Rockpicker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Miller, SD
Depends on your altitude and how spot on your jetting is, but I would think those 56's are a little light unless you are pretty high.
Try some 58's to start with, I like 7900-8000 RPM on my 800.
Will look and see if I can find the tuning chart for this sled, found it for mine on Polaris's site somewhere. Will hook you up with the link if I can find it.

Rockpicker

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2011
Miller, SD
Couldn't get the link Huck, try this, go to polaris.com, click on snowmobiles, go to the bottom of the page under service and support and click on parts and manuals, enter your sled year, find 800 vertical escape. It will give you specs and tuning info, print them for future use.

H
Nov 8, 2010
Thanks Rockpicker thanks again for your reply.Not sure how spot the jetting is. But will go onto polaris sight and add the info to my shop library.

Cheers
Huck

Premium Features