• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
You have to look close to actually see people, this one is Permian Basin Texas.
1699329526955.jpeg
Occidental Petroleum, through its subsidiary 1PointFive, is planning a $1 billion direct air capture hub in the Permian Basin. The facility is expected to be operational by 2024. Majority owner of Occidental is Berkshire Hathaway

1699329953808.jpeg

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Story time, this reminds me of man made ice islands they experimented with.

Back in the day, Exxon I believe it was set up a watering system that pumped sea water from under the ice to build an ice island over the water that actually held a north slope oil rig. Because there is no natural ice even up on the North Slope so thick to hold such a mass as this.

1699330536991.jpeg

I would of never have known of such an accomplishment if I didn't meet the guy that actually was in charge of the watering when he was barely out of high school.

After they proved it could be done they just scrapped it.

Why ? That's easy, who makes money making an ice island.

It's much more profitable to go threw all the politics and haul back fill in an area probably one of the most protected land's in the world that civilians can work in today.

It sure the hell isn't chump change to accomplish such a feet.

Still to this day, would you have not said waaaaiiiittttttt a minute?

Almost forgot , Fuk the scank rino stupid corrupt bitch

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
A) Vid: Doo they have a use for the CO2 on the Slope? I would think so.
I know that there are a few CO2 wells around the country, and piped to oil wells where it is injected to apparently help push out and loosen the oil.
If one was to place such a unit somewhere - right next to the oil well would seem a very good idea.
However, I don't know that they have used CO2 on the Slope so far - have they?
If they have, maybe it's trucked - as I don't think there is a pipeline going that way?

???

B) Ice bridges are common for any crossings on rivers or swamps. Even on the ice roads at times. Nothing new.
But they tend to not work so well anymore come spring.
By the time that you have the structure built up that you are looking for tho, you will have a short window of time to use it before warmer temps come back.

Last edited:

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
The one that I linked to (last link in first post) I think was claiming 95%.
But again - from my vantage point it seems that it is actually 170% efficient.

???

I completely agree with the grid already being maxed out - as they keep shutting down coal plants. I have had a V meter on one leg of our power, and on a hot summer afternoon I can watch the V drop out, and it would make one of our older machines unusable 'till evening/morning - now that they closed our local coal plant....

But they are just finishing up a 150 (?) acre solar field about 15 miles from here. That'll charge lots of EV's at night!

Morons can't have it both ways!

OK, I got my answers here, and as we all would ass_u_me, the numbers are less efficient:

The charger shown is three phase (as I expected) but apparently that DOES change up the KVA values quite a bit.
I found others that can qualify that 184A x 480V x 3phase = 153 KVA input.
That makes much more sense!

Sure seemed like there was a fly missing from the ointment somewhere!

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
A) Vid: Doo they have a use for the CO2 on the Slope? I would think so.
I know that there are a few CO2 wells around the country, and piped to oil wells where it is injected to apparently help push out and loosen the oil.
If one was to place such a unit somewhere - right next to the oil well would seem a very good idea.
However, I don't know that they have used CO2 on the Slope so far - have they?
If they have, maybe it's trucked - as I don't think there is a pipeline going that way?\

Not sure what value it would have in Prudhoe Bay?

???

B) Ice bridges are common for any crossings on rivers or swamps. Even on the ice roads at times. Nothing new.
But they tend to not work so well anymore come spring.
By the time that you have the structure built up that you are looking for tho, you will have a short window of time to use it before warmer temps come back.

Every Year

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Before the invasion of China, Japan had been purchasing 80 percent of its oil in the United States (1937).

Wait a minute??? When did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? 1941 ???

They have been exporting oil from Alaska since then until now.

Seeing the lies yet? They have to destroy everything otherwise they will loose control.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Not sure what part you are considering lies.

???

Stay with me for a second, you focused on the word lies but couldn't see something as simple as 1937 and 1941.
Obviously your not concerned that yet another country has abandoned the petro dollar?

Did you see that Europe is switching over to a European digital currency? Astralia's time frame has sped up and they are figuring 2025 and they will have thier own digital currency. diaper boy passed one of his amendments back on 2021 for the feds to make a digital currency.

This is all one big ass peice of the agenda of you will own nothing and be happy.

Here's some reading, the only thing this country has that makes it a super power of the world is the military, some bragging rights.

This country is done once the petro dollar fails.

I was just talking to a business owner this morning, I mentioned the petro dollar. He said what's that?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
I see the '37 and the '41, but not sure of your point with that?
From your wording, you agree with those two points.
???

From what I could understand of her, everything seemed on the up and up to me.
???

I believe that it was our curtailing back oil shipments as an incentive to get them to leave China alone at the time.
No?

So, after the war, and we are all friends again - likely oil resumed?
As I understand, Japan has taken much of what comes from the North Slope eh?
Something to doo with it is too course (?) for our refineries in Texas to process efficiently?
IDK when we started shipping oil to them after the war tho.

Is there some part of that _ that you don't agree with?

Or are you just talking about world oil not being traded on the USD?
If so - where does the '37 and '41 come into this?

Not challenging, just not following.

Side note, we will "be done" sometime after we refuse to back Israel.
It's coming....

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Per the numbers - given the update on the chargers requirements - it appears that if all trucks went battery, that it would add 10% to the KVA consumed as a whole over the USA.
Which, realistically would be a 20% higher [than average draw] in the overnight hours.

I guess IDK how much less draw is on the overnight grid compared to daytime, to know how that would effect it.
It would be conceivable that with traditional generating methods (coal, nuke) that it could actually really help balance the 24 hour load?

This would even more-so negate the benefits of wind and solar as they are both much more a daytime peak snubbers.
(If the wind happens to blow today - for those of us NOT in Wyoming)

The only link [that I found] that seemed that it might actually put some actual numbers on the question is not loading.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
So what are these direct air capture hubs really for?

1699472432095.jpeg

I mean why Alaska? How many people are in this state and how big is this state?
1699472764402.jpeg1699472777162.jpeg1699472791052.jpeg1699472817192.jpeg

To filter what ??
1699472631818.jpeg

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Well, the air circulates around the globe.
Likely doesn't matter where on Earth you actually doo it from?

IF you are going to put one of these units somewhere, it would seem best to put it somewhere that they can actually utilize what they are harvesting?
Again, whether or not they have any application for CO2 down-hole in Alaska or not - I wouldn't know, but I doo know that they use it in Texas at the very least as a CO2 pipeline runs through the corner/edge of my chums property in Colorado, and supposedly heads to Texas. The well head is right near his place - at the foot of a [smaller] mountain.

Purty sure that I read somewhere that the intent with the captured gas was to pipe it underground, althought they did not say anything about it actually being a tool and application for oil.

I am kind'a wondering if the AK wells could use some of this, and other wells already have a source (there are several wells/pipelines of CO2 - amazingly enough) that maybe they are actually wanting it more than others up on The Slope? Would seem like a swell play. Prolly couldn't plan it any better? Looks good to the hippies?

They have to doo sumpthing with the gas that they capture. Another app would Shirley be to bottle it for welding apps eh?
(only for the welder to let it back out aggin. LOL!)

Last edited:
Premium Features