• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cleaning the airbox foam

G
Jan 10, 2020
I purchased a Polaris maintenance manual, and I am not impressed. First item I looked up was the airbox and it had ZERO information on how to clean it. Could someone please tell me the proper maintenance on this. There is no actual air filter, just some foam to keep the snow out. Should this foam be cleaned, and if so how? Thanks

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'd just use dish soap and water, personally, although I don't think I've seen any factory procedures or recommendations on cleaning them. Can't think of anything it'd hurt as long as it's completely dry and put back together correctly, but seems like it'd be more a peace of mind thing than necessary. My understanding is that the foam is more for noise reduction (quite a bit of noise actually comes from the intake) than filtration.

retiredpop

Lifetime Membership
Jul 3, 2001
Calgary
We had a couple of Gen 2 Polaris sleds with almost 13000 miles on them. I never once cleaned the filters and had no issues whatsoever. I'm not sure what could get in there to warrant cleaning them.

Premium Features