• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Calling all the people that have test ridden a boost!! FUEL...

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Are you saying that one kit was at 5# and the other was at 7# and they made the same HP? Both kits had gauges for verification?
Which kit was set at 5# and which was at 7#? ...Just curious about your findings.
Thanks!

Both had boost gauges and it was the Seat of the pants feel, so the power felt comparable. I rode the Silber at 5lbs and hands down the MTNTK was my favourite.
The MTNTK kit at 5 lbs, felt just as strong as the silber at 7lbs. Both 2021 174’s Polaris.

It was just a example how two different kits at different boost levels felt, when riding them back to back. They are just variables to consider.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
You can make all the horsepower you want but if The clutching isn’t right it’s not gonna do you any good. I just picked up a new 850 this year and had to re-clutch it right away. It runs awesome now. Why can’t Polaris come up with adjustable weights like Doo. Also can we get that pushbutton start from Doo. I’m tired of pulling that rope.

chrisco

Premium Member
Oct 22, 2008
Stony Plain Alberta
I had a chance to ride the new 2022 boost on the weekend the chassis feels the same as the 2021 because not much has changed in that aspect the skid and frontend are still the same so it handles the same IMO.

The turbo system felt good the bottom end was crisp and the power came on really smooth and felt really good something I think I could be happy with for sure. Its not crazy power but will be a great boost from an NA sled for sure.

The current snow conditions are sh#$ so not really loading the motor at all to really see what it will do in 3 feet of pow. Im seeing alot of talk about track speed it seems so many are hung up on it as a comparison to how much power it has, track speed has

soooooooo many variances its like covid 19 ffs It really doesn't mean **** again IMO. Some tracks spin some tracks hook every hill is different snow conditions aren't the same rider weight and on and on and on. The gauge is awesome so easy to see and use

tons of options and now an electric fuel gauge not sure how that will go cuz I see the skidoo guys always talking about how many bars they have left and guess at how long they have till they run out of fuel seems gay..... when I can just look down at my

mechanical one and know exactly how much I have but whatever. Now this is how I really feel lol, The boost sleds that are out right now in the mountains are poorly set up and the one we road had the worst track for a boosted sled you can get ( been down that

road this year a lot ) The clutching in the primary is way off and slipping the belt hard, this is most likely why you TRACK SPEED guys are upset. So the sled is about the worst it could possibly be for our BC snow. They have no western testing with our heavy

deep snow but are gathering all the info they are seeing out west with all the dealer rides and surly will make the necessary changes I hope. My dealer will be sending a email with what issues I found what they to from there will have to see. I have no doubt

that the sled will perform well once some small changes are made to the clutching and anyone that snow checked you still have time to change to a 2.7 3.5 track if yours is coming with a 3 inch FYI !!!! Im looking forward to getting one dialed in tight because

I will be stepping off a Rocket Ship to get on the new Boost. Vid is my 2021 850 mtntk @ 5 pounds my experience and opinion comes from riding turbo sleds since 2008 and currently have about 90 kits on the snow.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
All in the execution of Poo's factory OEM turbo system design, which is pretty damn stout. Design-wise, poo has huge momentum with this approach to an OEM turbo, and should motivate doo to offer a turned up boost Summit, which we all know they already have in R&D. Doo can introduce this with the new Gen 5 chassis. Unless Poo screws up, this is nothing but great.

Wonder if AC really has anything close to ready in the 2S boost game. If not, their road to more M sales just got alot rougher. Outside of former yammy riders aching to get back on a blue sled, does anyone know a doo or poo rider switching to an Alpha next year?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
To be clear, I don't know the source of that dyno spreadsheet and it every well could be a contrived fabrication for all I know.
It's likely that it is, because Polaris doesn't publish specific horsepower numbers.

I don't know what the real dyno sheet will look like, but for the guys in this thread who don't understand altitude compensating boost control, this helps illustrate what Polaris is trying
to accomplish with this system.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I had a chance to ride the new 2022 boost on the weekend the chassis feels the same as the 2021 because not much has changed in that aspect the skid and frontend are still the same so it handles the same IMO.

The turbo system felt good the bottom end was crisp and the power came on really smooth and felt really good something I think I could be happy with for sure. Its not crazy power but will be a great boost from an NA sled for sure.

The current snow conditions are sh#$ so not really loading the motor at all to really see what it will do in 3 feet of pow. Im seeing alot of talk about track speed it seems so many are hung up on it as a comparison to how much power it has, track speed has

soooooooo many variances its like covid 19 ffs It really doesn't mean **** again IMO. Some tracks spin some tracks hook every hill is different snow conditions aren't the same rider weight and on and on and on. The gauge is awesome so easy to see and use

tons of options and now an electric fuel gauge not sure how that will go cuz I see the skidoo guys always talking about how many bars they have left and guess at how long they have till they run out of fuel seems gay..... when I can just look down at my

mechanical one and know exactly how much I have but whatever. Now this is how I really feel lol, The boost sleds that are out right now in the mountains are poorly set up and the one we road had the worst track for a boosted sled you can get ( been down that

road this year a lot ) The clutching in the primary is way off and slipping the belt hard, this is most likely why you TRACK SPEED guys are upset. So the sled is about the worst it could possibly be for our BC snow. They have no western testing with our heavy

deep snow but are gathering all the info they are seeing out west with all the dealer rides and surly will make the necessary changes I hope. My dealer will be sending a email with what issues I found what they to from there will have to see. I have no doubt

that the sled will perform well once some small changes are made to the clutching and anyone that snow checked you still have time to change to a 2.7 3.5 track if yours is coming with a 3 inch FYI !!!! Im looking forward to getting one dialed in tight because

I will be stepping off a Rocket Ship to get on the new Boost. Vid is my 2021 850 mtntk @ 5 pounds my experience and opinion comes from riding turbo sleds since 2008 and currently have about 90 kits on the snow.

Chrisco
How much of a difference in bottom end throttle response was there between your mtntk turbo and the new boost? How about the Boost's ability when going downhill to just wick the throttle like a stocker to launch off bumps. That's an area that the aftermarket turbos seem to lack with the small amount of lag that requires either burning some brake or getting on the throttle a bit sooner to launch of those downhill obstacles.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I rode the new booster for the first time yesterday and was hooked! I’ve always stayed stock on all my sleds. I like light weight with quick throttle response. Something I’ve never experienced on a turbo. I’ve tried lots of well set up turbos, and unless it’s 3-4’ of fresh bottomless I’m taking the stocker.
This turbo is different. It is snappy and keeps pulling. It felt very similar to stock with just a lot more power! Dropping steep descents you could blip the throttle and launch off pillows with no noticeable lag.
It ran great for us, but a buddy who had it the day before said it was bogging and cutting out some. If it runs like it did for me next season it’s game over for all other brands!

C

cortez

Feb 12, 2009
The Boost sleds that have been sent into Canada are clutched at 10000'. The areas they are being taken out to in B.C. are in the 5500-7000' range.....

Straight from a local BC Polaris dealer who I have a good relationship with - he rode the exact sled turcotte rode in his video, only a few days later.

That specific unit still had the old primary clutch on it, not the new one. I have only heard this from him and over the phone, I DO NOT have think they want this to be known because no other bc dealer or rider that rode this sled has mentioned it.

I agree with others that they’re rushing these boost sleds out to compete with the existing factory turbos, sure it’s been in R&D for multiple years but I don’t think these sleds / power plants have much for true mountain testing on them - just my opinion.

All That said I have one snowchecked and can’t wait to get on it, but honestly I am expecting some headaches too but I’m willing to accept that for the beast it looks like it will be when it’s working properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features