• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Building hillx mod??

T
Dec 30, 2007
hello - im building a hillx mod 2011 IQR with a 800 mod motor and was wondering what everyones opinions were on the best rails and tunnel extensions available? Also wondering what would be the best track for this? I want to go from a 121 to a 136. Is shock revalving necessary when doing this?
Thanks!!

N

nathaniel11

Sep 26, 2003
Marshall, Mn
better to stay with stock rails and beef them up so they are cheaper to replace if you bend one

tunnel ext go cheap also just incase you endo and you bend it up.

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
A lot of hillclimbers would run the straight Polaris rails with the bracing (I think they came straight from the race dept.). You might be able to find some around if you do some searching, but you'll probably only find 144" this late in the game.

I would have your shocks set up by someone with experience in Hillx/Hillclimb. I'm assuming you have the WE coilovers that come on the IQR? Or, if you aren't concerned about the $$$ call up ZBROZ Racing and have them set you up with their EXIT shocks.

What type of traction is allowed? Studs/Screws? If you can use screws I would say a 1.5"-1.75" lug track. RipSaw, Finger Track, or the Sno-X XC Pro or Backcountry (from TracksUSA). Can't really give any advice about using studs.

Last edited:
T
Dec 30, 2007
Studs are not allowed in the mod classes. We are running Fox zerox shocks in the rear.
What size billet wheel do people usually replace the return idler with? The stock ones are 6 1/2 inches, I am already getting 8 inch for the rear and was just wondering what size to get for the other ones?

Thanks

Premium Features