• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"BRET RASMUSSEN" free riding clinic in Helena & free Lunch

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
"BRET RASMUSSEN" coming to Helena

The Montana Snowmobile Association (MSA) is sponsoring a riding clinic by Bret Rasmussen on the 21 of Sept. 2013 at the Wild Building in Helena. There will be two clinic that day . The first clinic is at 10 AM and the other at 2 PM. There is no registration and lunch will be provided. This is all FREE,FREE,FREE!!!
So learn to "RIDE RASMUSSEN STYLE" for more info call Mary Herzog at 1-406-590-1458. Hope to see you all there!!!!!

For people not familiar with Helena: the address of the Montana Wild Building is 2668 BroadWater Ave.Located on the west side of Helena, just off Euclid Ave/Highway 12 west.The site is on the North side of road on the edge of Spring Meadow Lake State Park, across for the Kessler School.

Last edited:

COP-OUT

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
LEWISTOWN,MONTANA
See the Thread titled Bret Rasmussen in Helena, gives a complete description of the event.

Last edited:
went to the clinic
good time
it was pretty amazing to look at Bretts sled
NO VENTS cut in every where we asked him about clutch heat etc...
he uses the stock shroud that comes with the XM and can be added to the XP
was talking about 40 plus degrees temp difference by using the shroud
and remember this is on a turbo sled
flat said that belt grenading was NOT an issue
YES i understand he is sponsored and doesnt care about prices and destroying stuff
also the biggest thing that stood out is his Riser is NOT very tall
claimed that most riders have too tall of riser
i bet his isnt more than 4 inches off the bar

you had to be there and see it for yourself but it all made sence after we watched him
also no mountain strap on bars
he is also not a fan of left hand throttles
one other interesting fact he uses the stock skis
besides all of that what a good all around guy
never know what he did if you met him on the street

R

rilesman5

Jan 21, 2009
MT
Totally agree with the short riser. I used to find ways to lift my bars as high as I could go, after one day riding with him, I totally changed my bars to go low. Even took the stock pro-tapers off the pro and replaced those with shorter bars before I even rode it. He totally changed my ways of thinking how good a small guy can handle a sled.

wileybird

Premium Member
Feb 20, 2011
Totally agree with the short riser. I used to find ways to lift my bars as high as I could go, after one day riding with him, I totally changed my bars to go low. Even took the stock pro-tapers off the pro and replaced those with shorter bars before I even rode it. He totally changed my ways of thinking how good a small guy can handle a sled.

Did you go ride at his clinic also?

Premium Features