• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Body armour

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
I have always used a kidney belt, and have tried a number of knee braces. I just ordered up a set of

Mobius X8 Adult Off-Road Motorcycle Knee Braces.​

I have a knee that likes to pop out, plus it will protect them from the running boards.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
D30 impact protection

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I'd love to get some protection for my upper body but at 6'7 armor has always been a problem all the way back to my military days. Body armor designed to start just above the belt line could be at the bottom of my rib cage, arm holes tiny, etc. Fit is just crap and I have had manufacturers tell me "Well they run a little long.."" and I get them and they are uncomfortably short or bulky around the arms. Tek-Vest for me winds up being like sledding with a life jacket on.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fox MTB gear for downhill mountain biking. It is made for active body movement. Knee/shin guards, chest protector w/ shoulder and elbow guards. I am not wearing my kidney belt.

I banged up a knee while wearing zero protection on my sled years ago.......got me thinking......would I have ever hopped on my YZ without my protective gear. It was a costly mistake.

TreewellDweller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2008
McCall, Idaho
Many years ago I purchased a Tec Vest to wear while boondocking. Had a friend that had just got released to do some trail riding after having shoulder surgery so I loaned him my vest. Needless to say, I made an error in judgment. Got a bit carried away doing some ditch banging and ended up in a treewell. Broke a couple ribs. He ended up riding more that season than I did. So, I never ride without the vest and my kidney belt, for my old back.

Premium Features