• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blew Belt - Super Deep WOT for 30+ Minutes...

S
Mar 29, 2022
Bend, Oregon
I'm trying to get my head wrapped around clutching performance and I'm still a beginner at it. Anyways, it was so darn deep yesterday I basically had to be WOT to ride off trail. I was pinning it 80%+ of the time for almost an hour would be my guess. Then my belt just totally exploded. I recently ensured that my clutches were aligned to the best of my ability and this is relatively new belt. I checked it before riding and it had stretched a bit since by last check so it was due to be tightened. It's not an OEM belt, just an aftermarket new one off of eBay.

Any thoughts?
IMG_0466.jpg

armey37

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 30, 2008
Richland,WA
Any belt with perfect clutching with still destroy a belt when you run continuously wide open on long pulls without any cool down break. Stop and take a break every so often and your belt will thank you.

Last edited:
P
Apr 5, 2019
La pine, Or
Check oil line behind primary clutch!!! I blew a belt like that a few weeks ago and it took out the oil line going to the crank behind primary.

And ya stop riding and let sled idle to spin clutches and cool belt down some. That’s not a clutching issue blow up. That’s a way to hot I quit belt failure.

Premium Features