• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Blackhills Conditions #3

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
Yep it is all done for this season. Wasn't a good snow season but there is always next year. Until then thanks to all of you that post and have a great summer. :juggle:

Hey the season is not done until I say it is over. I down loaded and picked up traffic counters today. Drove my pickup from Beasant Park road thru Black Fox to Deerfeild and west to Highway 85 through Mallow Camp. Picked up the counters around Oneil Pass by 4 wheeler. Ended the season with almost 3700 miles on my sled. A little short for a typical year. Currently cleaning the Hardy Cabin and packing my stuff for the season. I currently declare the BH snowmobile season to be over. I personally am not done snowmobiling for the year. Going to the Big Horns this weekend. First snowmobile trip for me outside the BH. Thanks everyone for a great season even though the snow was less than ideal.

halffast800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Hazel SD
What are the chances that sdsnocop was wrong and we could get a May ride in? Or is it just wishful thinking

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
What are the chances that sdsnocop was wrong and we could get a May ride in? Or is it just wishful thinking

100% according to the local weatherman. 2 feet predicted in the Hills with 40MPH winds. I did pull my personal sled out of the shed, fueled it up and brought my riding gear back down from storage just in case of any local emergency response needs in the Southern Hills.

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
12 inches in Whitewood...Probably gonna run up tomorrow and tool around just to say i've done it in May.

halffast800

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2011
Hazel SD
Good luck. Wish I was going. Figured I should do the responsible thing and work instead of the right thing and go sledding. Must be getting old

W

wag13

Jun 22, 2008
Spearfish,SD
Kinda what I expected for conditions up high. Got up to Trailshead around noon and the snow had already settled a bunch. The lot had around a foot of settled snow with a little more the farther North you went. Rode around for about an hour. Nothing special but it's cool to say i've ridden in 8/12 months now :face-icon-small-coo.

Premium Features