• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best gear?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Ive been pretty darn happy with all my Motorfist stuff this year. with just under 90 days on the snow so far yet this year, mostly snowbiking (which seems to destroy boots/pants way faster then sledding) everything held up really well. Mind you my seasons are probably triple the average riders use, so for me to get more then one year out of anything is a rarity.

Freeride coat - Looks brand new. I love this thing, defiantly stoked to be rocking it again next year. They are about as light as you can get in a coat, nice and waterproof/windproof without being bulky. I try and ride in a jersey whenever possible as I hate the bulk of riding gear, but I found myself not digging for my jersey as much with this coat.

Rebel Bibs - This is their snowbike specific bib. Still warm, but moto seats do take their toll. Should probably just hit it with the waterproofing wash and be dialed again. I ran their trophy pant last year and loved them, but I needed the burn proof patches on the Rebel with my YZ's exhaust.

Alpha boots - I love these things, starting the bike in the cold has chewed them up pretty good, I will be getting a fresh set for next year as I cannot get over how light and trim they are, feels like im wearing my tennis shoes. Also, the easy in/out of the BOA laces is unbeatable. The double boa holds snug to your foot as well as your ankle leg. I am a freak about boots being even and tight, these things hold super well and are so easy to snug up as need be.

Valkyrie gloves - I can run the clutch/brake/throttle on a snowbike which in the cold is a task with thicker gloves. These have held up really well and keep me cozy and warm. I do ride in moto gloves whenever possible for the dexterity, so they tend to be more just trail in/out for me.

All in all, MF Put out some rad gear and for the abuse I have dished out, I have been super happy with it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
All in all, MF Put out some rad gear and for the abuse I have dished out, I have been super happy with it.
I remember when MF burst onto the scene back in 2009 and offered the absolute best warranty in the entire industry.

MotorFist pledges to make riding apparel that is tough and long lasting since they offer an unparalleled TRUE LIFETIME warranty. MotorFist outerwear is made in small, quality controlled batches and is guaranteed for the lifetime of the registered owner or he reaches 106 years of age… whichever comes first. It may sound too good to be true but MotorFist is here to stay and they aim to prove it.

Sadly, it WAS too good to be true and MotorFist bailed on their killer warranty the very next season after slamming KLIM for not offering such an unbelievable warranty.

As for me.
I will stick with KLIM

Moto-2.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I've been wearing MF since 2010. VERY happy with warranty.

I had issues on my Redline boot buckles for two years in a row. They sent new boots TWICE and told me to keep the others.

I'm wearing Alpha Boas this year because of how they treated me.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Totally agree.

Ive been pretty darn happy with all my Motorfist stuff this year. with just under 90 days on the snow so far yet this year, mostly snowbiking (which seems to destroy boots/pants way faster then sledding) everything held up really well. Mind you my seasons are probably triple the average riders use, so for me to get more then one year out of anything is a rarity.

Freeride coat - Looks brand new. I love this thing, defiantly stoked to be rocking it again next year. They are about as light as you can get in a coat, nice and waterproof/windproof without being bulky. I try and ride in a jersey whenever possible as I hate the bulk of riding gear, but I found myself not digging for my jersey as much with this coat.

Rebel Bibs - This is their snowbike specific bib. Still warm, but moto seats do take their toll. Should probably just hit it with the waterproofing wash and be dialed again. I ran their trophy pant last year and loved them, but I needed the burn proof patches on the Rebel with my YZ's exhaust.

Alpha boots - I love these things, starting the bike in the cold has chewed them up pretty good, I will be getting a fresh set for next year as I cannot get over how light and trim they are, feels like im wearing my tennis shoes. Also, the easy in/out of the BOA laces is unbeatable. The double boa holds snug to your foot as well as your ankle leg. I am a freak about boots being even and tight, these things hold super well and are so easy to snug up as need be.

Valkyrie gloves - I can run the clutch/brake/throttle on a snowbike which in the cold is a task with thicker gloves. These have held up really well and keep me cozy and warm. I do ride in moto gloves whenever possible for the dexterity, so they tend to be more just trail in/out for me.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I do not have any experience with other gear manufacturers but I have good luck with klim gear. I wear Klim gear for snowmobile patrol. I have a Valdez jacket I have had for 8 years and 32000 miles of riding and is still holding up good. The free ride pants usually last me around 5 years and 20000 miles. my Klim boots have held up perfect for the 8 years I have worn them for both work and play (total of 35-40 thousand miles). The only Klim product I did not like was the Klimate gloves.

B

bailer

Nov 26, 2007
Saskatoon
I had an FXR jacket that really lasted well, but decided to switch it up this year and try the HMK Peak 2 jacket. http://hmkusa.com/outerwear/1-peak-2-jacket.html

I like the fit, and the pockets, but mine is definitely not waterproof. The shell absorbs enough water that the forearms actually flap in the wind while riding. Wet conditions but night and day difference to my buddy's KLIM jacket.

Had to make sure I dried the jacket after each day which I never had to with the FXR.

Not sure how their warranty is because I never pursued the matter, just kind of pissed me off all year.

DDECKER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2013
CRAIG COLORADO
I ride with FXR gear its great and affordable that's the main thing..... I can ride several days in a row and not worry about putting all my gear on a dryer at night......worth every penny!

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Klim here. Ride with a guy who where fxr. He doesn't get wet but u can almost ring water out of his coat at the end of the day.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
CastleX has some good stuff. Haven't tried their outerwear, but like their gloves.

Saw video of a boot test, and while ugly, their boots were the most waterproof. Beating out the better know brands.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
For me...

True North Adventure Gear Gloves, 509 Helmet & Goggles and the rest is KLIM. Oh and HMK bags. LOL I have never even needed to try out the warranty of any of these companies so I can't comment on that (or maybe I just did). From -40* to 50* this stuff just performs. There are a lot of great gear companies out there now but none of these have given me a reason to switch so I just keep running what works.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
The items where I have owned MF and Klim...I have much prefered Klim. Way better fit, lighter, less bulky, and great performance. More the ski/snowboard stuff but with snowmobile type durability...which is a good thing. The MF stuff may be a better fit for heavy or huge guys, but it is too bulky for me...the pants are like a big square. My MF pants have also lost their arse water-proofness in 2 seasons (yes, with a few washes in the proper soap)...so that's about on par with the snowboard pants I used to ride with...but the snowboard pants were much cheaper. That said..durability has been good.

I have an all new 1-piece from Scott sports on order for next year...had the opportunity to try one on pre-production and really liked the fit. Excited to try something new....

Ryan-41

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Cheyenne, Wyoming
www.myspace.com
509 Helmet and goggles with Klim and Motorfist everything else. They are expensive because they work and use high quality material.

Klim and Motorfist have a great warranty program in my opinion, never had a problem with either of them.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Pretty much all Klim here!! Once and a while I try a new pair of gloves or a different helmet but for the most part you cannot beat Klim!!

S

SXViper

Nov 26, 2007
Lenexa, Kansas
The best gear is the brand that fits you the best. I found that out this year while searching for a monosuit. Tried on all brands and turned out klim worked best for me! I've always liked their boots and gloves too as I've had great luck with them. Others I know have not but to each their own.

Last edited:
Premium Features