• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BELT TEMP GAUGE GIVEAWAY! - Infrared Belt Temp Gauge

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Looks like i will have to pay for mine. I love the concept and with belts $200 a piece it wont take long for this to pay for itself.

GS6

R

Razorback Technology

Sep 28, 2015
www.RazorbackUSA.com
Thank you.
What is the difference between the standard sensor and the pro sensor?
Why would someone want to upgrade?

GS6

Our pro sensor provides a much narrower field of view than our standard sensor. This narrower reading eliminates any risk of temperature averaging that may result when a sensor sees a glimpse of the clutches or clutch cover. At six inches from the belt's surface, a pro sensor is reading temperatures from a circle less than an inch in diameter. Get it closer and that reading size will be even smaller.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I mounted mine above the secondary.
d0eb0595293df9a5b121a043e8305967.jpg

There is a note in the instructions stating 'do not mount in aluminum '. Well, all snowmobile belt guards are aluminum.
I put electric tape on both sides of the cover to isolate sensor, i hope it lasts?.

Up the trail i seen up to 187°f @ 70-75mph, down the trail was 150's.

Going through the trees and short climbs 120-180°f, mostly 160's.

GS6

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There is a note in the instructions stating 'do not mount in aluminum '. Well, all snowmobile belt guards are aluminum.
I put electric tape on both sides of the cover to isolate sensor, i hope it lasts?.

GS6

Did you cover the threads of the sensor shaft with tape also? How big of a hole did you drill? Will the sensor shaft touch any edges of the hole?

Polaris belt covers have large holes in them (nearly 1.5").
I used a thick piece of plastic hood material and riveted that onto the clutch over and stuck the sensor through that. I made sure I have NO METAL touching ANY metal on the sensor.
I will post up pics when I get my thread going.

Last edited:
R

Razorback Technology

Sep 28, 2015
www.RazorbackUSA.com
d0eb0595293df9a5b121a043e8305967.jpg

GS6

Seems like you're on the right track! It usually doesn't take much to insulate the sensor from the cover, and we've really only seen a couple of cases where there were grounding issues from those who didn't. With that said, we stand by our products (all gauges are warrantied), so if you experience any hiccups or have any questions - just let us know! If you feel like sharing any more temp data from future rides, we'd love to hear what you're seeing out there!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Yesterday was fairly deep wet snow. Vents were covered/ plugged with snow most of the day. Seen 226° too many times.

When stopping, the temp rises 10-20+ degrees, hit the gas and roll forward a few feet and you can watch the temp drop. If i couldn't get the temp below 200 i would shut the sled down for a few minutes and it would be down to 170's and back to the hill.

GS6

Premium Features