• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

BCA Tracker 2 Hot Deal

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Bad news.... Our only goal with this project was to equip riders with avy beacons and save lives PERIOD. Truth be told, we were going to lose money on this. However, it seems that we were undercutting some retailers pricing and we were asked us to rescind this offer. For those of you that made a purchase - I have refunded your money and I apologize that we couldn't make something happen.

Please purchase a beacon. I will include some links later in this thread.

Last edited:

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
If you are in Canada, we want you equipped as well, but it will be a little more due to shipping fees and such ($305). Just select the Canada Shipped Tracker in the dropdown.

Last edited:

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
Thanks for the orders so far. Make sure and join the avy challenge as well.

deschutes

Lifetime Membership
Jan 22, 2008
BCA is now ensuring that all their retailers are selling the Tracker 2 at their MAP price of $335.

Since you can't get a good deal on these any longer, I would recommend that people look at the new Ortovox 3+ for less than $15 more. This beacon was the unanimous choice of professionals I have talked to that were able to work with all the gear at the recent International Symposium of Snow Science and Avalanche Practice in Squaw Valley. Their opinion was that the range was better than the BCA, it had superior multiple burial properties, was easy to use, had a great price point and just operated more "smoothly". It also has some cool new antenna technology that is not available in other beacons.

It is crucial that you are prepared by carrying some type of beacon. If you are looking for a new one, you should do your research and compare the various offerings from the different vendors and pick the one that you think fits you best. I would definitely include the Ortovox 3+ in the mix.

You MUST practice with whatever beacon you choose. Statistics show that those that carry beacons (but have limited practice, knowledge and and experience) only fare slightly better than those that don't carry one at all. However, those that do (professionals) have recovery rates as high as 75%.

http://www.ortovox.com/avalanche-transceivers/three-plus

Last edited:
Premium Features