• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys rpm fade ?

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
The new EPDM rubber belts, much like the serpentine belts for cars and trucks now, cannot be checked visually anymore for wear or cracking, as they do not crack or fray like the old belts. Therefore if it is worn just a little bit, you can lose rpm and yet the belt still looks like it is ok. I have said all along I believe it to be related to the clutching, and I still believe that. The new belt compound for the 2016 axys is supposed to have twice the belt life of the 3211115 belt, so let's see how that goes. It doesn't take much of a difference in your belt width to cause issues.

Someone's getting it.
Half the people don't even know what their talking about on the internet. It's all speculation.
I've dyno'd 3 of these axys sleds over at dynotech.

One guy that's on hcs complained of poor performance and fade. Brought it to dynotech and made 156 hp the first pull. Embarrassing for him and cost him $250.00 to find out it was clutching.
people on the internet don't know how to diagnose a problem. So when they see one they jump on the problem band wagon. Trolls.

Last edited:
R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
W
I really don't care what you want to call it... Fade, Drop, Loss or Hardcore Blower BS. Really don't care what you want to name the problem. Problem is that the dealer couldn't fix it and Polaris had no answers for it!! 2300 miles of riding this past season and still no fix. I suppose I should have brought it to a dyno guy and spend a few bucks out of my own wallet to find the answer. Thanks for all the great info. Your almost the best.:second:

I have contributed my time and money putting these sled's on dyno's,digital wrenchs and changed countless parts to see what works' I didn't have to but I did because I have the resources to do it. You have done nothing but speculate what problems you thought were happening??

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i didnt know a 5 minute dyno will guarrantee a engine wont fade all winter.:)

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
i didnt know a 5 minute dyno will guarrantee a engine wont fade all winter.:)

Your saying 5 minutes.

More like 3 eight hours days. Did you take into account that a track dyno might have been used??

:face-icon-small-hap

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Your saying 5 minutes.

More like 3 eight hours days. Did you take into account that a track dyno might have been used??

:face-icon-small-hap

If it made 156hp at the track, I'm calling BS on the dyno scenario! Either that or it's the most efficient snowmobile ever made.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
The new EPDM rubber belts, much like the serpentine belts for cars and trucks now, cannot be checked visually anymore for wear or cracking, as they do not crack or fray like the old belts. Therefore if it is worn just a little bit, you can lose rpm and yet the belt still looks like it is ok. I have said all along I believe it to be related to the clutching, and I still believe that. The new belt compound for the 2016 axys is supposed to have twice the belt life of the 3211115 belt, so let's see how that goes. It doesn't take much of a difference in your belt width to cause issues.

I respect he hell out of you guys at Carl's and appreciate that you are on here with all your info, but on this subject I disagree.

My stock 13' started to do the "fade" after about 700 hard mountain miles, ran flawless up till then. I tried all kinds of stuff to get it back. It would come and go most days it ran like a turd then all of a sudden it's like it would snap out of it.

I had my dads stock 13' with only a couple hundred miles on it that ran flawless. After trying a bunch of different stuff in my clutch I took both his stock clutches and belt off, put it on mine, and it changed absolutely nothing. Put my belt on, nothing, put a new belt on, nothing, put my clutches back on and tried different belts, nothing. Put his clutches back on his sled it ran awesome.

IMO after doing this it has nothing to do with clutching or belt.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
I respect he hell out of you guys at Carl's and appreciate that you are on here with all your info, but on this subject I disagree.

My stock 13' started to do the "fade" after about 700 hard mountain miles, ran flawless up till then. I tried all kinds of stuff to get it back. It would come and go most days it ran like a turd then all of a sudden it's like it would snap out of it.

I had my dads stock 13' with only a couple hundred miles on it that ran flawless. After trying a bunch of different stuff in my clutch I took both his stock clutches and belt off, put it on mine, and it changed absolutely nothing. Put my belt on, nothing, put a new belt on, nothing, put my clutches back on and tried different belts, nothing. Put his clutches back on his sled it ran awesome.

IMO after doing this it has nothing to do with clutching or belt.

90% of guy's complaining about low/down rpm is in the cvt system as Carl's cycle has mentioned.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
trying to prefer poo:).so 90% is cvt and 10% is still a mystery fade?.do you know how to fix that too?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
can you narrow down the cvt problems to which clutch or belt or do all 3 need fixed.

J
Feb 25, 2015
MAINE
I have contributed my time and money putting these sled's on dyno's,digital wrenchs and changed countless parts to see what works' I didn't have to but I did because I have the resources to do it. You have done nothing but speculate what problems you thought were happening??
And to top it off, you had no problem saying you traded in your so called turd for a 2016. No problem handing off a so called turd to another owner. You are the best.

Have a nice day.

You are quite a card. Congrat's on your resources and time put in. "All profitless I'm sure, right??? Look, I've read countless RPM problem threads and tried the simpler possible fixes myself. When none of those efforts produced any luck I turned to my dealer so they could have their hand at fixing it. "NO LUCK THERE EITHER!" I guess in your opinion because I bought the turd it was my obligation to stick with it to the end and drop all kinds of $$ until I found the fix. WRONG!! That's not why I buy new sleds. If I wanted to spend half my time wrenching I'd buy used sleds and have fun tinkering away. I buy new because I want to GAS-n-GO. Is there something wrong with that?? Anybody else here feel the same way??
Then you want to give me **** for trading it in??? You are quite a Card. I traded it in to my dealer that was FULLY aware of my RPM issues, I didn't sell it to some un-suspecting person as a good running sled. Trust me, I took a beating on my trade in for being honest. I could have sold it for much more money straight up to somebody if I wanted to be a prick. Your so smart and have all the answers, you should be out there picking up $9,000 RPM problemmed sleds and fixing all of them for profit if the issues are so easy for you to fix. Glad you have all the answers and are such a smart man. Maybe you should share all your knowledge on how to fix these sleds with all the technicians that you probably feel are stupid and can't figure it out themselves. You are clearly better than everybody else and I'm so glad I've found you. NOT!

You have a Nice Day too.

R

Ratchit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 18, 2013
here
You are quite a card. Congrat's on your resources and time put in. "All profitless I'm sure, right??? Look, I've read countless RPM problem threads and tried the simpler possible fixes myself. When none of those efforts produced any luck I turned to my dealer so they could have their hand at fixing it. "NO LUCK THERE EITHER!" I guess in your opinion because I bought the turd it was my obligation to stick with it to the end and drop all kinds of $$ until I found the fix. WRONG!! That's not why I buy new sleds. If I wanted to spend half my time wrenching I'd buy used sleds and have fun tinkering away. I buy new because I want to GAS-n-GO. Is there something wrong with that?? Anybody else here feel the same way??
Then you want to give me **** for trading it in??? You are quite a Card. I traded it in to my dealer that was FULLY aware of my RPM issues, I didn't sell it to some un-suspecting person as a good running sled. Trust me, I took a beating on my trade in for being honest. I could have sold it for much more money straight up to somebody if I wanted to be a prick. Your so smart and have all the answers, you should be out there picking up $9,000 RPM problemmed sleds and fixing all of them for profit if the issues are so easy for you to fix. Glad you have all the answers and are such a smart man. Maybe you should share all your knowledge on how to fix these sleds with all the technicians that you probably feel are stupid and can't figure it out themselves. You are clearly better than everybody else and I'm so glad I've found you. NOT!

You have a Nice Day too.

Wow your a suck. Honest criticism,grow a pair.

Continue with your constant complaining on hcs were they care.

I'm pretty sure there are more internet forums you can join to give out your wealth of information and knowledge .

5c86c262f6cfcaf0fb2fb34372bddddf.jpg

Last edited:
S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
heard 1 can of dyno spray in the airbox fixes fade and increases HP.LOL.

Premium Features