• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

axys alignment bar

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I picked up this bar off Ebay and wondering if anyone knows anything about it? It says 0 to .025 front and 0 to .060 rear. I am assuming the want .035 more gap in back for motor tq. I am more concerned with that number. Maybe they have some lead built into bar? Wish i knew who made this? have done trs keystock method but not trusting that for offset front to back.

axys bar.jpg

MTNRCR

Lifetime Membership
I picked up this bar off Ebay and wondering if anyone knows anything about it? It says 0 to .025 front and 0 to .060 rear. I am assuming the want .035 more gap in back for motor tq. I am more concerned with that number. Maybe they have some lead built into bar? Wish i knew who made this? have done trs keystock method but not trusting that for offset front to back.
I am not sure on that bar haven't seen it before. I do know that TRS is working on one that sets offset and lead in to spec he has found to work best. It has to be ready soon!!

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I am not sure on that bar haven't seen it before. I do know that TRS is working on one that sets offset and lead in to spec he has found to work best. It has to be ready soon!!

I was down and indy dans last week and I saw pictures of it on his cell. I guess for those in the know, what was the proper lead in or what ever you guys call it now a days. I have about .062 gap at rear of driven clutch and touching in the front. Center to Center is almost spot on at 11.6, not sure what Polaris even calls for on these as I dont have owners manual? In the old days this would be about how we set one up without a TQ arm..

unnamed.jpg

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
Just to be clear I have a .025 .024 and .013 so .062 gap at rear and I know it dont look like it but front is touching. Again I always like a tad long and around that size gap without tq arm. I just replaced all 4 motor mounts with updated 18 PTO mounts and stock tq arm.

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I’ll have the TRS alignment bar next week. If anyone is interested.
Thanks Jeff.
Tony did you build the lead into your bar or are you measuring? You know i would of got one from you if i did not all ready have this one from last year. Hope you are well. Back better.. I got feed up last year as this thing never pulled more then 8100 no matter what you throu at it. This summer,, New pistons, mounts, clutch at dans for fancy re finish, set tps base .700 and .940, wot 420 and gates belt, loading lighting weights.. If she dont pull rpm im sending off back side of beartooth and not calling helicopter..

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I don’t know the particulars about your pictured alignment bar.
The TRS alignment bar has proper offset, no need to measure at the front of the secondary as with using SLP 191 or keystock method.
You will still need to watch belt witness marks to fine tune it.
As far as lead in, the bar is straight. I recommend a 0-.030” of lead in. With the AXYS 800 you cannot adjust lead. The PRO and 850 you can machine mounts to achieve proper alignment.
With that said, just setting your offset will improve belt life.

Last edited:
R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
I don’t know the particulars about your pictured alignment bar.
The TRS alignment bar has proper offset, no need to measure at the front of the secondary as with using SLP 191 or keystock method.
You will still need to watch belt witness marks to fine tune it.
As far as lead in, the bar is straight. I recommend a 0-.030” of lead in. With the AXYS 800 you cannot adjust lead. The PRO and 850 you can machine mounts to achieve proper alignment.
With that said, just setting your offset will improve belt life.

You can loosen front mag side mount from under sled and get a little wiggle room not?

With gates belt where you like center to center? I am at 11.6

Checking my alignment bar with long straight edge on back of clutch, measuring out to alignment bar it is not straight at all, much bigger gap at front .100 ? POS i think?

image3 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg image1 (1).jpeg

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
My brain is telling me if the tool is cocked .100 and when sitting on sled with driven i have .063 gap at rear I am around .160. Hope i make sense here. I know Tony will understand my mumbo jumbo..

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
The alignment bar off ebay claims to be just like polaris
PS51607
If this is true i will proceed like I have that Tool..

I am touching in the front of driven and have .063 in the rear..

Loosen front mag mount from under sled 2 40 tq bolts

Loosen 4 motor mount bolts

I put a strap around the recoil housing and applied a little tension pulling to the front under exhaust.

Tightened 2 40 tq under sled.

Tighten motor mount bolts in order rear pto front pto rear mag front mag.

Recheck alignment, touching front of driven .025 rear of driven so defiant improvement of .038..

Now did TRS keystock method and using a total of .330 behind driven got me very close to 2.6. took .30 off and letting clutch float from 2.570 to 2.630..

Thoughts??

B
Oct 4, 2019
Just measured the OEM alignment tool with a straight edge on the back of the primary and got .100 different like you did with the eBay tool.

Your measurements you got with the clutches bolted to the sled are extremely close to being in spec.

Did you check multiple times? Rotate the clutches and see if you get consistent readings

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
Just measured the OEM alignment tool with a straight edge on the back of the primary and got .100 different like you did with the eBay tool.

Your measurements you got with the clutches bolted to the sled are extremely close to being in spec.

Did you check multiple times? Rotate the clutches and see if you get consistent readings
Dude thanks for taking the time to do that. Yes i rotate driven. I was pulling hair last night not knowing if my ebay tool I am try to set my sled up with is in spec. I went as far to run over to my buddies and check his 2 axys sled with the tool and was very close to mine so have more confidence in tool now. After pulling shim stack out from driven both of his was around what I have mine to now, touching in front and .030-.045 in rear. I started @ .063 so feel better @ .025 now. Was not sure the mag pto mount would give me enough if any wiggle room but it did. Thanks again. Feel much better now.

A
Sep 5, 2015
massachusetts
You can loosen front mag side mount from under sled and get a little wiggle room not?

With gates belt where you like center to center? I am at 11.6

Checking my alignment bar with long straight edge on back of clutch, measuring out to alignment bar it is not straight at all, much bigger gap at front .100 ? POS i think?

This tool has proven itself to be extremely useful for the general public as the oem is not available (nor made for the rmk). I have heard several cases of people breaking belts prematurely that no longer do so with help from this tool. Essentially paying for itself with one saved belt! A simple conversation could have resolved this before calling one of our products a pos in open forum. I'm glad your questions were resolved. I attached images of how you check your parts vs how we inspected that part.

Dan

image3 (1).jpeg CMM.jpg image3 (1).jpeg CMM.jpg

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
This tool has proven itself to be extremely useful for the general public as the oem is not available (nor made for the rmk). I have heard several cases of people breaking belts prematurely that no longer do so with help from this tool. Essentially paying for itself with one saved belt! A simple conversation could have resolved this before calling one of our products a pos in open forum. I'm glad your questions were resolved. I attached images of how you check your parts vs how we inspected that part.

Dan
Seriously Dan if you read the whole post you see in the end it is on with the factory bar. i proved on here with help that your bar matches. I said POS I think with a question mark? I called your company and you dont answer the phone. I also sent messages through ebay last year trying to get more info any you or whoever was very vague. I txt messaged your company friday through face book and will copy and paste reply below. You did not answer my question.

Question here..
is this right?? about .100 differnce . .100 bigger gap in front?
Just verifying you have some sort of leed in built into the tool. So it should match the p-s51607 if i do the same test?

Your answer here...
When placing the tool in the primary as you have it, the locations labeled with the tolerance should be checked with a shim. This is for the axys chassis sleds only. I don't know the part numbers as I was not the design engineer on it.

All i wanted to know is it supposed to be designed with .100 offset, 10 second reply via email. blackrmk new exactly what i wanted and thanks to him for verifying it.

Anyway your tool seems to be spot on to the PS51607 so thanks for making a good tool. I think my vernier is close enough for what i was trying to find out.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY

This may shed some light on the problem with the Polaris alignment bar/procedure.
Click on the post above and it will take you there. That’s a nice touch from SW.?

Last edited:
R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN

This may shed some light on the problem with the Polaris alignment bar/procedure.
Click on the post above and it will take you there. That’s a nice touch from SW.?

Lets just say for simplicity the bar was straight with no offset built into it then the polaris spec would be .160 rear of secondary inward? That right there shows how much the motor is not parallel to the chassis. I feel the offset should be the other direction outward when the power is applied????

R
Mar 9, 2017
stillwater MN
Okay I am thinking backwards. If you set the bar in with .100 offset toward the rear of driven and then take that away you would have more offset. So let say you use the .100 offset bar and you have .060 in rear for a gap. Now take that .100 from the bar away and you really have .160 gap. So in my my thinking the polaris offset in rear is really .100 to .160? I am thinking for the amount the axys motor moves in chassis they built that into bar to make it easier to measure up to .060 rather then .160

Another thought on all this is if you use the harder mag side pro mounts and lets say you have .060 with bar which is really .160 are they going to move enough to get in a neutral position? Just a thought..

I bet trs has thought off all this all ready. Whats your take tony?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I sent you a PM with my phone number. It will be much easier to talk this out on the phone. It’ll take days on here while I’m hunting.

Premium Features