• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Axys 174 LE Suspension Settings / Boondocking tips

M
Dec 22, 2016
Utah
OK I absolutely love my Axys and I love the abilities of the 174". It floats, climbs and simply allowed me to go places this weekend that most sleds simply cannot go. Pretty confident in saying that I am the limiting factor of this sled vs. the other way around.

If you ride an Axys 174 or maybe even 163, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on how you set up your suspension (Walker Evans clicker shocks). I had it at 5 from the hardest, but that was too stiff for boondocking so now I'm at 10 from the hardest setting and experimenting with that.

I've historically ridden 154" and shorter, so maybe I just need to ride it differently as it is an aggressive sled. I find that to turn this beast around in anything besides 2' deep powder, I have to get all of my weight on one side completely and dig that ski in vs. just leaning on my dad's 850 etec. I'm totally ok with using the wrong foot to turn as long as that's how I need to do it so that I'm not working harder than I should be.

FWIW - I mainly ride in deep powder/trees and climb so would love your input. I'm 6'5" 250 lbs.
Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
As far as turning this longer sled around, you might consider trying the Mohawk skis. They make a HUGE difference when turning in both powder and in the harder (packed) snow. The thing i was pleasantly surprised about, is they carve smoothly in the deep powder with no diving like the stock grippers do.

Just food for thought.

Premium Features