• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Awaiting arrival of Power Command V w/ Auto Tune from Jim @ Dynotech Research

MOWER800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Layton Utah
Hpc

I bet it is HPC (High Performance Coatings) in Bluffdale. My understanding is that they are the best. They used to do all if the intake manifolds for cummins.

ya I heard that they closed up also but SLP told me last week that they are still using them?

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Pc 5 & autotune

How much was PC V and how much was the auto tune package?

$365.00 for the PC -5

AUTOTUNE, with the o-2 sensor and weld bung an additional $250.00 and can be added at a later date, no big deal

Give Jim @ DYNOTECH a call (585) 993-2777

www.dynotechresearch.com

Straight up guy to do business with

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
After reading some threads I think there is some confusion. You cannot share the PCV between two sleds, you can share mapping between two sleds with a PCV (or PCIII - not sure about that one). Your sled will have to keep the PCV module on it to maintain the functionality of the mapping.

I orderd my PCV through DynoTech. He also includes a year subscription of his testing results as part of this. Or in my case... KRAVEN - it will extend my current subscription.

OMG, I'm going to sound like Kraven...

It's worth subscribing to see the current testing Jim has done on the D8. Some of you might be surprised what yielded results and what the updates did. Kraven will lynch me and skin my next of kin if I told you.

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Sharing autotunes

Sharing Autotunes

Not to be confused with sharing I-Pods, Music CD's or Music Videos

The Autotune can be shared, that's what was discussed in prior threads.

As you mentioned, the PC-5 cannot.

Good to hear you're "hooked" on DYNOTECH.

Did you see those spy photos of the new 2011 sleds on DYNOTECH?

Happy Trails

After reading some threads I think there is some confusion. You cannot share the PCV between two sleds, you can share mapping between two sleds with a PCV (or PCIII - not sure about that one). Your sled will have to keep the PCV module on it to maintain the functionality of the mapping.

I orderd my PCV through DynoTech. He also includes a year subscription of his testing results as part of this. Or in my case... KRAVEN - it will extend my current subscription.

OMG, I'm going to sound like Kraven...

It's worth subscribing to see the current testing Jim has done on the D8. Some of you might be surprised what yielded results and what the updates did. Kraven will lynch me and skin my next of kin if I told you.

Last edited:

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Now I just need some snow....

I might try and run up to the ski resort tomorrow and see if there is a runway I can open it up on.

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

harrysmith500

Lifetime Membership
Coming off of the voltage regulator, I think that's what it's called.
Pull the electronics cover off and youll see 2 red and 2 brown (I think) wires coming out of a flat black box. They go about 5 inches before they are put into a plug.
So I just snipped the red wire and spliced in there. I grounded to the bolt just to the right of the screw that holds the side panel onto the sled.
You'll need some wire strippers an a few butt connectors. I have no idea how those little cylendar things would be used, nor do I see them working better than a propper butt connector.
Where did you buy yours from??

What are your target air fuel ratios?

I'm doing 12:1 at 100% throttle from 7000-8500 rpm. And then I slowly Richen it as I get down to 5000 rpm

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
I am in Canada so I called Jim at Dynotech and he told me to get it from 2kool performance in Ontario. The only thing I have installed so far is the bung in the pipe. I have it installed in much the same place as you except a little closer to the silencer. I am going to put the plug in there for now and run the tank of premix through it first before I install everything else. I am not really sure what ratios to run first. I was kind of hoping that someeone else was going to set up something that worked first and I could get a little info from them. :) Keep us posted on how this works out for ya. I would like to know where to begin from a baseline.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm going to start a new thread tonight dedicated to dialing In the auto tune on the pcv.
Check on there and give some input please.

Good idea. I just got my PCV this week and I think it's a great idea to have discussion on setup, mapping and overall features of this really cool mod.

I have a couple of questions:

1.) Did use the stock O2 sensor hole in the pipe or do a new one?

2.) There is an analog input on the PCV. Anybody know if the Koso EGT gauges would work here? I was thinking of adding those gauges so that i could do some custom mapping w/o losing my motor so easily.

I'm waiting until after this week to install mine. I'm getting my Polaris 800 update on Thursday.

Premium Features