• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Avid Products Carb Heater, APT and PWK

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Funny you just asked. I was uploading pic's as you were asking. Great timing.
Here is the latest up-date on the Avid Products Billet Thermostat system. It is a bushing tapped into the housing to receive the Trail Tech water temp probe. I have pictured the first blue model here. The bushing is tapped into the side of the housing. All new housings will have it in the end of the housing. The water temp monitoring is very popular with all snowbikes. Every make and model. 130F or 190F will cover everyone. Now there is a Thermostat, bypass system, and temp monitoring all in one unit. Very slick set up.

Thermostat 1.jpg thermostat 2.jpg thermostat 3.jpg

Last edited:

827revdog

Jun 18, 2008
michigan
i may have missed it but does the kit come with a t and hose for the bypass? dont see anything model specific, all kits are universial? looking to fit a stat to a 14 xcf.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
U bypass off the t stat. Then send it back to the coupler u splice into the waterpump line. Kit comes with coupler and fitting.

Last edited:
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
i may have missed it but does the kit come with a t and hose for the bypass? dont see anything model specific, all kits are universial? looking to fit a stat to a 14 xcf.

Yes, The kit is universal. All makes and models. Comes complete with all fittings, hoses, clamps etc.

L

lacesout

Oct 5, 2014
I have a stock 2010 ktm 450sxf that is carbureted. Will a smart carb work for it?

Last edited:

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Avid has just completed building our first heater unit for the Keihin FCR carb. It came out pretty nice. These are available. Now if someone would just send us a cast smart carb. to work on.

FCR carb 001.jpg FCR carb 002.jpg

L

lacesout

Oct 5, 2014
wow. this is a perfect fit for my 2010 450sxf KTM is it not (Keihin FCR-MX 41)?! Must have for me! I just ordered the smart carb thermostat kit and digital temp guage. smart carb isnt going to be out until december. This is my ticket! i might not need a smart carb anymore. Although the benefits of the smart carb are so awesome!! ill probably end up buying one anyways. more power, better fuel economy, auto altitude and temperature! NO JETS!

Last edited:
M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt
Yes, there are thousands of Carbed bikes out there. They out run the efi bikes when we are together. Big performers for sure. Your carbed SXF is one of the best. This heater combined with the thermostat will really have you set up!

E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
Cast Smarty

How long would you need the cast smart carb for? I have one on my cr500 but it don't want to be too long without it.

L

lacesout

Oct 5, 2014
How long would you need the cast smart carb for? I have one on my cr500 but it don't want to be too long without it.

i think you just have to heat shrink the heater onto the carb. You should be able to do this yourself.

Last edited:
E

eskimojoe77

Nov 30, 2011
I was referring to mtn-doo's comment about someone sending a cast smart carb so they can develop a heater for the cast 38mm. Let me know mtn-doo.

M

mtn-doo

Feb 26, 2004
Kalispell, Mt

Four or five days should do it. We gave an initial look at the Cast, but the Billet fit so nice we stopped there. The Cast has internal signal lines and a bit restrictive. If you want to send it over, we will give it another try for fitment.

Last edited:
Premium Features