• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

ATTN: everyone who rides in the sea 2 sky (Squamish, Whistler, Pemby)

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
As you may know, a new initiative is in the works to bring the sea 2 sky clubs together so club members can ride all the zones without having to pay trail fees or multiple memberships.

This will drive up memberships as well as help promote the sport and development of our riding zones in the area.

For more information and to get involved, please join our facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/Sea2SkySnowmobileAlliance

We are having our first meeting this coming Wednesday, Oct 2nd at 7:00 PM at the Boston Pizza in Creekside (upstairs)
https://www.facebook.com/events/214172932077949/

Please RSVP on facebook, or just show up to learn more and get involved!

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
Hello folks. The survey is up! Please take a moment to fill it out and pass it on to your friends, share it on your wall and spread it within your snowmobile club!

http://tinyurl.com/s2ssa-survey

We had a very positive reception of the Alliance at the Black Tusk Snowmobile Club meeting last night. It will be brought to a vote at the club's AGM on November 2nd, and if it passes Brohm could be the first riding zone to adopt the Alliance!

We do need to collect data through this survey so we can present the benefits at each club's upcoming AGM, so please don't forget to "click, click, pass"

Here's to a wicked winter!

C
Oct 28, 2010
I would be into it if it was under $150 but on the survey it asks if you would pay $200-$300 �� That's way too much. I only belong to one group because of the cost. Why pay more? You could belong to one club and just pay the $20 when you ride the other places. It would cost the same. If there's no savings then it won't happen and membership won't go up.

Last edited:
M

M8Freerider

Feb 15, 2010
Surrey BC
I would agree with you.

I would be into it if it was under $150 but on the survey it asks if you would pay $200-$300 �� That's way too much. I only belong to one group because of the cost. Why pay more? You could belong to one club and just pay the $20 when you ride the other places. It would cost the same. If there's no savings the it won't happen and membership won't go up.

N
Jan 4, 2010
Langley, B.C.
I have four family members that ride and I live half way between Whistler and the Coq (Langley). If it’s cloudy I head to the Coq, Sunny BW it is. I ride more days on the Coq per year so I opt to support the sport by being a member there. I also didn’t complete the survey because $200 + additional family member is out of the question for me.<O:p</O:p
<O:p</O:p
NTO<O:p</O:p

L
Dec 17, 2008
Heard powder MTn club has a new president and they are thinking of less grooming this year. More likely than not you will be paying more for less...

hivoltagesledhead

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Nakusp, BC
The price is too high...much cheaper to pay the trail fees every time you go. Sledded there many times and paid for groomed trails that weren't groomed.

J
Jul 21, 2008
Kirkland
There goes the neighborhood

Man more fees for what exactly?? So the snowmobile clubs can conspire with government and local officials to legislate, tab, rules and fee us to death. Beware folks. I used to live in Squamish and now I live in Seattle. I hardly snowmobile here in Washington State because of law enforcement, fees, tabs, regulations, etc. There are so many rules it doesn't feel like the freeing experience that snowmobiling use to be. Don't do this, don't ride here, check your lights, the sticker goes here, where's your parking permit.

Almost every time I go to Rutherford they are collecting trail fees for trail grooming. I have never in the past 5 years of riding Rutherford and I go every year various times for 2-4 days of riding have ridden on groomed trails. I liked it better 15 years ago when you had to break trail.

As far as snowmobile clubs ensuring continued access to our favourite riding areas. Ha. Have you noticed that with the growth of snowmobile clubs and tenures there is a decreased access to riding areas. Let it die. I will always find a place to ride.

Premium Features