• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat is far less represented than Skidoo and Polaris, discussion

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
It makes sense for Ford in this bizarre time and place. If they have 1,000,000 built/no-computer units and only 500,000 microchips. May as well go to a build-to-order format and allocate those chips in units that will turn quickly.

We'll see if it catches on elsewhere. I work in the car industry, the margin between invoice and MSRP is alot thinner than people think. On a 50,000 dollar car it may be 2-3000. On a 30,000 car it's usually around 1500-1000 bucks. When model year inventory lapses and those 'dealer discounts' start hitting, it wipes out the whole margin. Great for consumers, really tough on dealerships. Car dealers can recoup with back end product (warranty, gap, other bs). I don't know if powersports dealers operate similarly.

If I was a dealership, I'd love a snowcheck-only model; pretty much guaranteed to be selling at MSRP and less risk of having 2-year-old inventory rotting on the floor. Something I feel like Arctic Cat really was notorious for (in the late 00's early 10's) - over shipping of in-season units. Once again, still my open and debatable opinion!
I think snowcheck only is good for everyone. Much simpler for the dealer, and values of used machines should hold much better.

That said it would be nice to see a VERY bare bones, affordable floor model available for those who want a new machine but missed out on snowcheck for what ever reason. Maybe make it like a 159" 2.5, 800. ONE MODEL, NO OPTIONS, BLACK IN COLOR.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
The problem with snow check only what happens when you wreck your sled or it gets stolen?

Premium Features