• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Arctic Cat "Catalyst" (All I am allowed to share)

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
good looking sled but that tiny front bumper is going to be of little use in collisions. it's almost in the same vertical plane as the nose so the nose is just as likely to hit something.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Any of the stock front bumpers from 2012 to present (minus some of the limited models) are basically a grab handle. I've replaced them all with something that will handle the occasional sapling and better protect the airbox.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Sorry
The Magazine wouldn't even tell me when the next Embargo date was.
Only that there will be more information once it passes.
I understand what is happening, I know what is going on. (A bit.) Slow release to keep the hype up. I am a Doo guy through and through, but what is coming from Cat is truly going to revolutionize the sport. Must be hard to sit on that Chris without leaking. :)

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I understand what is happening, I know what is going on. (A bit.) Slow release to keep the hype up. I am a Doo guy through and through, but what is coming from Cat is truly going to revolutionize the sport. Must be hard to sit on that Chris without leaking. :)

It would take a lot to "revolutionize the sport." The two big areas could be a lot lighter weight and driveline efficiency.

Do you have any actual information you can share to support your claim that the new Cat will do as you claim?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
he he he he
So, in YOUR own words, why do YOU think what Cat has coming will TRULY REVOLUTIONIZE the sport.

This sport has NOT been "REVOLUTIONIZED" in quite some time now...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It would take a lot to "revolutionize the sport."
Its a point well worth exploring.
Look back on all the major incremental changes over the last decade or two that have NOT "REVOLUTIONIZED" the sport..

What REALLY has Revolutionized our sport??

LONG TRACKS, DEEP LUGS, HIGH HP ENGINES, (TURBOS), STAND-UP CHASSIS.

In combination, those items have opened up access to VAST AMOUNTS of previously unrideable terrain.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
I don’t see anything revelatory coming from any manufacturer unless materials science has made some amazing breakthroughs that are also very cheap.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
It would take a lot to "revolutionize the sport." The two big areas could be a lot lighter weight and driveline efficiency.

Do you have any actual information you can share to support your claim that the new Cat will do as you claim?
Not that I will share. I really like that I have friends that know people that know things that they are willing to share. I am not going to screw that up. Time will tell.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
he he he he
So, in YOUR own words, why do YOU think what Cat has coming will TRULY REVOLUTIONIZE the sport.

This sport has NOT been "REVOLUTIONIZED" in quite some time now...
heh heh heh. You know. Light weight, different materials used to build the sled, MANY less parts used to build the sled. There is a reason that Cat didn't allow anyone to look under the hoods. Slow reveal to keep the hype up. I think we may check one for Tater, pretty sure he will be ok going from a new FR 850 back to a 600 Cat. Textron had a business plan ever since they bought Cat. #1 was to get all old sleds out of dealer inventory. They did a fantastic job. Sold them cheap, got them gone. Then they were able to sell the new ones expensive as Doo/Poo models. They kept the archaic 2012 chassis for 10 years to get ready for the next step. They held off on the "big" release last year with just a new clutch so that they could deliver what was promised and originally intended. Doo and Poo keep biting off more than they can chew. And pissing customers off. Local dealership has a pile of 2022 backouts due to late deliveries from last year. (Not their fault.) Which would be great is someone wanted a last year's snocheck, except that they cannot sell the Polaris sleds due to stop ride/sell notices. Actually, Doo too, with the new one. I think that is a stop ride/sell, one of mine is affected. Textron had a long term plan, it is coming to fruition. Can anyone imagine if one of the three can actually deliver what was promised, WHEN it was promised? Winter is short. And what we do is expensive. Last year stressed me out, I was down a gauge, the rep was telling people that the gauges don't hold miles. He was wrong. So I stole a gauge out of one sled so I could ride, and couldn't put it back in the other sled because the miles were off. Happened to a few people. SO my FR has an Expert gauge and my Expert has a FR gauge. Rant over. :) Couple more beers, dinner, and snuggles with wife.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Honestly.
I am just not sure what Cat could roll out that would legitimately REVOLUTIONIZE our sport?

Thats just such a tall order now.

A LIGHTER SLED that had reasonable durability would be a BIG WIN, no doubt, but Revolutionary?

Ponder on that for a moment, what would it take to REVOLUTIONIZE our sport?

A sled that DOESN'T GET STUCK would be Revolutionary..

A Sled that NEVER TRENCHED would be Revolutionary..

Premium Features