• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone rode out of Red Lodge?

BigAir

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Montana
I have some buddies that want to go riding out of Red Lodge, but I have never been, nor have I ever heard of anyone riding from there. I live on the Cooke side, so I have always just drove to Cooke. Is this another way to go to Top of the World? How is the snow and riding?

I

Impatientforsnow

Nov 29, 2007
Gods Country
nor have I ever heard of anyone riding from there..

theres a reason it sucks !!! and you ride the switchback all the way up and it can get drifted and very sidehilly all the way up .. not worth the time .

bearclawbob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Riding from Red Lodge

I've did it serveral times in the old days. Been caught in bad storms, Taken all day to get back from Cooke, to the parking lot over on the Red Lodge side. The danger of the road from the top. Isn't worth the risk.

900rider

Dec 6, 2007
McClusky ND
we rode out of redlodge to top of the world 3 years ago....ill never do it again....the switches backs suck, theres lots of them and they are dangerous.....its alot of riding from the redlodge parking lot untill you get to good riding and it tends to get stormy on top of the world and it can make it very hard to get back.....we got stranded on top due to a storm and spent the night on the mountain....i wouldnt recomend it :).....its also A LONG LONG ways to ride to cooke from redlodge if they are planning to do that? And i dont believe you can get gas at top of the world store in the winter time anymore?

Premium Features