• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

anyone know how to reset speedometer?

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
was on 1st ride yesterday (12 /4/15) on my 2012 800 cc summit and got to going a bit fast on return trip down long straight in aprox 1 ft of snow on road when a bell sounded and dig speed stopped on speedometer (non dig still working) and says max speed 112 mph and now stuck with that readout tried resetting a number of times any suggestions other than slow down?

R

RS_Rider

Nov 14, 2014
Northern WI & UP of MI
If you have the Premium Gauge Package, and are currently in the "Max Speed" screen, press the "M" button once and then press and hold the "S" button until it resets the Max Speed. This procedure also works on any of the other screens where something can be reset (i.e. Average speed, max rpm, max speed, etc.)

You can also scroll through your other screen options by doing the following: Press the "M" button once (so that the digital numbers are flashing), then press "S" to scroll through the screen options. Once on the one you want, either wait a few seconds until the screen stops flashing or press the "M" button to select it.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: after reading your original posting again, it sounds like you may have already done this... Sorry if I'm telling you something you already know!

B

blk9038

Aug 8, 2011
puyallup/edgewood
thanks alot this is what worked, guess i never held the s button long enough before after pressing the m button, usually with this sled it will maybe do 90 hit rev limiter and back to 77 and back and forth, don't know what was differant about this run but this is first time ever saw this happen on this sled, but thanks again.
going up in morning with the 13 xm same prem package on gauges and it never did this either.

Premium Features