• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone in Rapid City/Black Hills got a press?

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
I noticed that the cover bushing on my primary clutch is toast so I need a new one, just noticed it the other day and we want to go riding in the hills this weekend. 4 Seasons in Rapid City has one but I won't be there during business hours for them to install it. I'm going to have them just set the part outside in a bag or something for me to pick it up when we get there. I was told you need a press to install it. Anyone here got a press and would be willing to install it for me? We will be out there around 9-10 PM on Friday night. None of my local dealers have one in stock and I don't want to pay outrageous next day shipping prices for just a little bushing.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Do you work at the Motoplex or some other shop? I called the Motoplex today and they don't have one on hand they said. I am an hour away from Sioux Falls.

I never even thought about Trailshead, maybe I'll call them and see if they can do it.

I could always have 4 Seasons do it on Saturday morning but then I'd miss out on riding time. :(

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Ok, I'll just get it done at Trailshead then. Thanks for your help.

Do you sell parts too or just keep stuff on hand for yourself?

I've never been impressed with the Motoplex's selection of in stock parts. They are my closest Polaris dealer though.

Last edited:
G
Dec 15, 2007
hay since my brotherinlaw works at a mechanic shop in spearfish and thats where we are staying i think we could probebly have him do it right away saturday morning i try to get ahold of him tomarrow

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
Twister,

I might PM you sometime if I'm ever in a bind for parts to see if you've got one if you don't mind?

gotwoofs,

That would probably work too.

J

jr_amsoil

Dec 6, 2007
bismarck, nd
hey shortstop you better get new muffler bearrings for your sled as well. i might not work friday so there's a chance of me goin back to the hills. i might as well just move out there. save on gas.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
You don't even know, I just got new muffler bearings, powerbands(the red ones, they make 5 more HP than the blue ones), ported my drive belt, ported chaincase, and 1" holes all over the silencer for 10 more HP.

Premium Features