• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another thread.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
GP did you really like the Team Summit teaser? I thought it has been the worst of the bunch. Almost 2 full minutes before any sledding?

Must be getting hard to compete in the snowmobile video market. Seems like a few have really set themselves apart, while others are still cranking out the same mediocre BS.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
GP did you really like the Team Summit teaser? I thought it has been the worst of the bunch. Almost 2 full minutes before any sledding?

Must be getting hard to compete in the snowmobile video market. Seems like a few have really set themselves apart, while others are still cranking out the same mediocre BS.

True. It did take a bit before any riding. Maybe no footage and they gotta save it all for the actual film. I hope it's not shared stuff like last year. It's early, it's Monday and I haven't had all my coffee. Maybe the song is what got me. ;)

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
No coffee...well that explains it.:face-icon-small-ton

They are all cool, don't get me wrong. Just they seemed to miss the mark, at least for me, on this one.

I have never bought a snowmobile movie and have only seen 2

slednecks 7
burants backcountry adventure

but......

If I was a movie maker I would not release a "edited" teaser for my movie. From what I hear more than half the time they are better than the movie anyway. And are so edited and flashy they sometimes don't properly represent the movie.

What I would do is release a 5-6 minute clip from the movie. Maybe make sure your opening segment is really solid...ie no slow mo clouds:face-icon-small-sho and just use that.

But I haven't had my morning bowl....er I mean coffee yet so I could be way off base.:face-icon-small-sho

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
I don't understand why they throw all their sponsors in the teaser.
Almost made me turn it off before the sledding started....

Team Summits films are always good for smack talk and carnage.

Diz, you are right about the over edited teasers, thunderstruck is the king of that. I would by the teaser before I bought another thunderstruck film.

sledhead ut

Lifetime Membership
Team Summit teaser did no teasing here. Just made sure I knew who sponsored and who the riders were for over 3 minutes. Really should start from the moment I hit PLAY with the most bad azz music and footage to make me say Holy Chit, I gotta get that one. Not leave me wondering if there was any good riding and maybe I'll waste $25 to find out. Most likely I won't after seeing that Non-Teaser.

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!

Okay, I watched it again. It was the song that got me and the fact that I like the riders. :face-icon-small-hap

I totally agree with you.

I'm thinking......

We should just add all your youtubes in our favorites and call it good. :face-icon-small-hap

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
It's good to be back Home.

Have gone on a few little adventures since getting home.

Friday-- went on a little hike up Grove creek Canyon with my 4yr old Crae.
I was really impressed with this little dude. He was running up the trail and down any game trail he found. It was tough keeping up. :face-icon-small-blu
But I was so proud of him and we had a Blast.
GroveCreek92410-2.jpg

taking a little rest.
GroveCreek92410.jpg

About 1 mile up the trail and still going strong.
GroveCreek92410-3.jpg

Went out and rode AF yesterday.....had a great ride, loved the new sections of 40 but kind of missed being able to go straight up the gut of it. That is a fun and technical rutted out section, but no more. took 40 up to 157 and over to the summit parking lot. went nrth out of the parking lot towards mud springs, missed our turn and went down pine hollow.:face-icon-small-dis That is a beast of a trail with some serious jacked up switch backs and step ups. We had to go back up it and that was More then I was looking for on a first ride out.:face-icon-small-win We managed and went back up to mud springs and then hit 157 until we got to the 41 and took that back down to tibble fork.

af8262010.jpg

Couldn't stop grinnin
af8262010-2.jpg

2 of us are heading back out today at 3pm. Come ride if you can.:face-icon-small-coo

Premium Features