• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AK Trip

C
Feb 9, 2010
Missoula, MT
Hi Guys,

Looks like I am heading up to Anchorage for a conference from Jan. 21-23 and was thinking about showing up a few days early to try and get some riding in. I saw one of the post outlining the riding areas and it looks like there are some areas around Anchorage. I just wanted to check with everyone about renting sleds and if anyone is up for showing me around? I would be coming by myself with no one else to ride with so if no one is able to show me around then I might have to scratch the idea as a whole. I hope to hear from you guys and hopefully get some riding in while I am up there.

-Brett

C
Feb 9, 2010
Missoula, MT
I would like to ride the trees but basically I would be up for riding anything as long as I am able to get out on the snow up there. Getting some good views would be sweet too.

I took a quick look at Gates Creek Cabin and it doesn't look like they have any mountain sleds available. More trail sleds. In my brief research, it looks like it is hard to find a place to rent mountain sleds at all? Does anyone have any recommendations and be able to take me on a rad adventure playing around in the mountains?

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I recommend going to backcountryrebels.com forum for more traffic of current riding conditions/people in Alaska. There are lots of riding areas near Anchorage, but it all depends on snow conditions. Lately it has been really bad, but your trip isn't for a month out so theres hope. As far as sled rentals, try here to get a decent sled:
http://www.alaskatoyrental.com/#!rentals/c10th

If you want someone to ride with, I should be home around those dates and I am willing to go with ya! Just PM me
Tom

Premium Features