• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

abit of sailboat work

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
M8

I did one of these last weekend. The old pitchpole event!

Flew about 15 feet past the front of the boat, lolol

Cats are prone to this when running with a quartering wind. That lower pontoon dips under juuuust a bit far, and your gone!

LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KEr1ag7nxU

Not me in the video but the same model boat.......

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Yipe!!!

What do you do with that mess? Just wondering... I'm not a sail boat guy...

M8

Cats are prone to this when running with a quartering wind. That lower pontoon dips under juuuust a bit far, and your gone!

LOL

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
M8

LOL

wow...there a fast critter ain;t they...!!!!...great vid on them..
Glad your not hurt with your air time...lol..

Last edited:

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Hmmm...

So would this be like a crash on a sled or dirt bike??? You get up brush yourself off / wring your self out??? Then keep on sailing?

Looked pretty serious to me.

Jeff C

Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Mahtomedi, MN
So would this be like a crash on a sled or dirt bike??? You get up brush yourself off / wring your self out??? Then keep on sailing?

Looked pretty serious to me.

Not even close to wrecking on a dirt bike.......

It is sort of slow motion..... You see the pontoon dip below the water, the front starts on its way down, you come to an abrupt stop, and then you fly over the boat, land in the water...

The hard part is getting the boat flipped back upright. They say you can easily right the boat yourself, but I have not ever been able to do it by myself.

Luckily on our lake there is always someone nearby that rushes over and grabs the mast and helps you right it again.

This only happens when you are pushing the edge and looking for the most speed you can get. If you sail a bit more responsibly (lol) then this does not happen. I just choose to ride on the thin line sometimes, and sometimes you pay the price for it.

Last weekend I brought a few first timers out for a run, and they could not get enough......

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Awesome!!!

Not even close to wrecking on a dirt bike.......

It is sort of slow motion..... You see the pontoon dip below the water, the front starts on its way down, you come to an abrupt stop, and then you fly over the boat, land in the water...

The hard part is getting the boat flipped back upright. They say you can easily right the boat yourself, but I have not ever been able to do it by myself.

Luckily on our lake there is always someone nearby that rushes over and grabs the mast and helps you right it again.

This only happens when you are pushing the edge and looking for the most speed you can get. If you sail a bit more responsibly (lol) then this does not happen. I just choose to ride on the thin line sometimes, and sometimes you pay the price for it.

Last weekend I brought a few first timers out for a run, and they could not get enough......

Thanks for the definition. I have never sailed, oddly enough. The vid looked pretty nasty to me. Glad its not a catastrophic event. It would probably be something I would do by your description.

Keep sailing and bringing videos!!!

Premium Features