• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

900cc & 1000cc 2 Strokes

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Any progress Idcatman on the transplant?
If its a 13-14 a local machinist has a nice belt drive tensioner for the new pro to handle the extra torque,and priced right. Would like to see the big mil as a lite lbs wolf in sheepskin project on snow. There really was no beefier oem near the 1 litre cc than the early 1M 900 and they will still offer most all replacement parts for many years down the road. Still today a frequent old school big iron ride noticed in the mountains.
Starting to sound like nostalgi chevy commercial, so later.

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Ours are only going in Dragons so far. We picked up those chassis very cheap (I have 1 year old twins, everything has to be cheap) and will make sure we like that before trying to find a Pro.

We are going to have the first ride on our over Christmas, just needs a few last things buttoned up. All the big stuff is done, just have to mount the electronics. I probably won't get a chance to work on it again before next Saturday, but hopefully then we'll get it out of the shop at least.

Looking at the Pro, the mod there will be very easy as well.

Even the pipe is easy, pretty much all that's necessary is adding ~1.5" into the belly of the stock Polaris 800 pipe. The dimensions are nearly exactly the same as the stock Cat 900 pipe.

We still have a ton of parts for these motors, and I haven't ridden anything new that I could even come close to affording that gives this level of performance. Easy mods and we're pushing 170-180 hp.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
2" there, bumpy. Unless we had a brain fart that day, lol!

Sent From God Knows Where...

1.5 is ~ 2... :face-icon-small-ton I thought it was 2, but didn't remember exactly. Plus you're matching the stock pipe, we're trying to be closer to the Black Magic single, which is a little shorter.

G
Jan 15, 2009
Vail
Price is high, I agree. But you get what you pay for. I haven't seen or heard of any issues with craftsmanship. People are paying $12k for a Polaris Pro and it lacks craftsmanship to say the least.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Price is high, I agree. But you get what you pay for. I haven't seen or heard of any issues with craftsmanship. People are paying $12k for a Polaris Pro and it lacks craftsmanship to say the least.

There was a thread about it last year, wraps being applied over factory decals and hacked up stock running boards showing under the tube frames.

Idcatman3

Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
We got the first chassis for $1750, a week of work for two guys, and probably ~$2k in the motor.

It runs now, have ridden in the fields. First real ride on Friday. Will post a build thread after that.
picture.php

Premium Features