• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

7S display RPM/Temp

E
Dec 30, 2018
Washington State
I've had my Khaos Matryx Slash since mid December and I've been having problems with the RPMs and the TEMP reading "0" at least twice a day, and it deletes my track from the entire day. I do not use the Killswitch and use the key to start and stop the sled. I have to turn off the key and Killswitch for about 30 seconds and then when I start the sled the screen doesn't turn on until about 1 minute later. Definitely taking it to the dealer if the new update doesn't work. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I've had my Khaos Matryx Slash since mid December and I've been having problems with the RPMs and the TEMP reading "0" at least twice a day, and it deletes my track from the entire day. I do not use the Killswitch and use the key to start and stop the sled. I have to turn off the key and Killswitch for about 30 seconds and then when I start the sled the screen doesn't turn on until about 1 minute later. Definitely taking it to the dealer if the new update doesn't work. Just curious if anyone else is having this problem.
Why not just use the kill switch to shut off the sled? Leave the key on, keeping the display on.

sleeper

Premium Member
Feb 28, 2011
same sled as me. had that happen on the last ride at Tog a few weeks ago. I use the kill switch to shut the sled off most times.
Stopped to help someone who was stuck, shut it all off, when I fired the sled back up a few minutes later, it all came back on the 7s display.
Ran fine the rest of the day. The only thing I notice now is a noisy fuel pump, so it will be going to the dealer soon.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I flipped the Kill switch down to prevent assholes from coming up and shutting off my sled. Regardless when you pay an extra $1K for a display it shouldn't matter how I turn it off.
Calm down killer.
No azzholes in ur group. Only sweethearts
He was asking a sincere question.
I agree it shouldn't matter how u shut it off; however, there may be an issue with the software and cycling with the key? Try using the kill switch, leaving the key on for the days ride.

It doesn't hurt to try something different. ?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
If you use the Killswitch to shut it down and there is no voltage or throttle input for 10 minutes the display will shut down.
The only problems I have had is when I let it sit for extended periods without turning the key off.
If its a short stop, Killswitch. A long stop then I will turn the key off after using the kill switch.

This way seems to work best for me.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I flipped the Kill switch down to prevent assholes from coming up and shutting off my sled. Regardless when you pay an extra $1K for a display it shouldn't matter how I turn it off.
You can buy a rubber sleeve that prevents those trying to hit your kill switch. Just an option ….

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
To get things back on track to the topic, I drop $20k+ on something, I would expect the 7s to perform the basic functions properly or drop it at the dealership to fix. One should not have to add any kind of out of pocket expense for a workaround like that. Repair or replace it. That's what warranties are for.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
To get things back on track to the topic, I drop $20k+ on something, I would expect the 7s to perform the basic functions properly or drop it at the dealership to fix. One should not have to add any kind of out of pocket expense for a workaround like that. Repair or replace it. That's what warranties are for.
I’m with your pain of 20k+. I agree….but good luck on getting warranty on every little thing. The way things are going with quality of parts these days, it’s not looking good. Years ago, I had an ES that was crazy noisy, Poo didn’t warranty that. If there’s no fix for the fuel pump yet, …… what will they replace under warranty? Time will tell.

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
I’m with your pain of 20k+. I agree….but good luck on getting warranty on every little thing. The way things are going with quality of parts these days, it’s not looking good. Years ago, I had an ES that was crazy noisy, Poo didn’t warranty that. If there’s no fix for the fuel pump yet, …… what will they replace under warranty? Time will tell.
Were not talking every auto mechanics nightmare of tracking noises or proving a noise. Basic functionality of an electronic device is easily provable. With any warranty claim one has to reproduce it and prove it vs what is normal. (why new dealerships may come back and say all the ones they have on the lot make the same noise and deny a claim). In my option the OP is not talking about the fuel pump noise or some nitpicky thing he hears in his own mind. It's an obvious shortcoming of the products function that is not supposed to be doing what it is doing. For any shop or manufacturer to simply ignore the problem or deny something that can be preproduced like that. Well, there's where filing a complaint with state govt agencies come into play. It's up to the owner though to document all interactions and results of those interactions, when they occurred etc. to make a legit complaint they can follow up with. When the govt starts making calls you'd be surprised how quick sh#t moves along when you have a legit problem & complaint that needs rectified.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Were not talking every auto mechanics nightmare of tracking noises or proving a noise. Basic functionality of an electronic device is easily provable. With any warranty claim one has to reproduce it and prove it vs what is normal. (why new dealerships may come back and say all the ones they have on the lot make the same noise and deny a claim). In my option the OP is not talking about the fuel pump noise or some nitpicky thing he hears in his own mind. It's an obvious shortcoming of the products function that is not supposed to be doing what it is doing. For any shop or manufacturer to simply ignore the problem or deny something that can be preproduced like that. Well, there's where filing a complaint with state govt agencies come into play. It's up to the owner though to document all interactions and results of those interactions, when they occurred etc. to make a legit complaint they can follow up with. When the govt starts making calls you'd be surprised how quick sh#t moves along when you have a legit problem & complaint that needs rectified.
All irrelevant because the OP hasn’t brought it to the dealer yet and is just b!tching at anyone who responds ?

I’m thinking it’s an elaborate trolling technique.

E
Dec 30, 2018
Washington State
same sled as me. had that happen on the last ride at Tog a few weeks ago. I use the kill switch to shut the sled off most times.
Stopped to help someone who was stuck, shut it all off, when I fired the sled back up a few minutes later, it all came back on the 7s display.
Ran fine the rest of the day. The only thing I notice now is a noisy fuel pump, so it will be going to the dealer soon.
Just noticed my fuel pump whining as well. I'm curious if it's the same issues the boosts are having.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I think he's entertaining. More entertaining than talking about dropping acid and making up silly sled names ??‍♂️ I love how calling someone Woke is now an insult too ?

Premium Features