• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

550 indy voyager 155

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looks like a great kids/entry level sled.
39" welded arms and the rmk bars and ergo's.

Add a pro lite seat and be good to go.
Even comes with the better bumper.

Last edited:

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
7b26f9db40722c2acaa5da46a9e80dcc.jpg

Iowa__Freeriders

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2010
NW Iowa
Looks like a fantastic Entry level sled! have either of you priced one out yet? curious what they run in price

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Looks like a great kids/entry level sled.
39" welded arms and the rmk bars and ergo's.

Add a pro lite seat and be good to go.
Even comes with the better bumper.

I was thinking the same thing for a while but am starting to lean a different direction. It'd be great to start with but I don't think it'd be too many years before kids run out of track & power.

Once the kids outgrow their Indy Lite I might start looking for a used 600 RMK 155. It'll definitely be more power than they need at the start but will be plenty of track & power for years to come along with good cooling for dawdling on the trail.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
The 478# isnt so great either. :)
Just saw that.

New price/warrenty and extremely low snow would be the only reason to buy.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Yeah, the weight was a lot more than I was expecting.

I think your 380 mod. will have them covered for few years once it's in action.

With your fab. skills, you could buy any used Pro Ride with a 600 & ditch everything from the bulkhead back. Build the tubular tunnel / open running board config. & stick a 163" X 2.6 under it. Gear it down & have an awesome machine!

At least it sounds good on paper. LOL!

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
A buddy has the 550 fan 155 and it rips. He doesn't ride much trail but off trail it's great. Must be geared well because his skis are in the air way more than my 800 RMK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
155 rear rails flip up when you reverse. probably adds a ton of weight. probably good for a kid to have the ability to back up better in pow anyways?

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I'm snowchecking two of them. My dealer hasn't worked up the quote yet but promised me it would be no more than $7,500 apiece. The grandkids are on 340 RMK Lites right now. I think this will be a great transition for them as well as a great set of sleds for running back and forth to the cabin/letting my parents ride/ and rookie guests. I see lots of advantages, not the least of which is the articulated rear suspension. I'm hoping that's going to make it a bit easier to get them unstuck. Add in the huge skis upfront, the smooth powerband of the 550 (no digging big holes when taking off) and the e start and I think these are going to make my social outings with the family and guests much more pleasant for me! LOL

Hmmm, I guess you could say I'm buying them in self defense?

If you want to spend a great day with the family take them snowmobiling!!!

If you want to go snowmobiling, leave the family at home!!

My 800 Pro hates being a glorified trail sled on those family outings. :face-icon-small-fro

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
I'm snowchecking two of them. My dealer hasn't worked up the quote yet but promised me it would be no more than $7,500 apiece. The grandkids are on 340 RMK Lites right now. I think this will be a great transition for them as well as a great set of sleds for running back and forth to the cabin/letting my parents ride/ and rookie guests. I see lots of advantages, not the least of which is the articulated rear suspension. I'm hoping that's going to make it a bit easier to get them unstuck. Add in the huge skis upfront, the smooth powerband of the 550 (no digging big holes when taking off) and the e start and I think these are going to make my social outings with the family and guests much more pleasant for me! LOL

Hmmm, I guess you could say I'm buying them in self defense?

If you want to spend a great day with the family take them snowmobiling!!!

If you want to go snowmobiling, leave the family at home!!

My 800 Pro hates being a glorified trail sled on those family outings. :face-icon-small-fro

I think your bang on. A buddy has one and his friend has one too. Both 19 or 20 years old. They do mainly off trail riding and can climb some amazing stuff on them. Was following on my RMK one day and was blown away. The wide skis work wonders for float ability. The nose never drops when you decelerate like on an RMK. Also the articulating rear works well. Watched a video of buddy stuck on a steep rock face, he backed down to the lake and onto the ice into deep snow which was at a 45 degree angle and didn't dig in.

Yet are geared well so low end torque is good. The only complain my friend has (who used to have an SBA) is he can't keep the skis up for more than a second or so.

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Buyer beware. The polaris (fuji) 550 fan motor is notorious for failures. This has been a reoccurring problem since about 2007 and one they have not completely fixed. The motor has widely been used by rental shops and tour companies and most have been burned over and over and now most of the companies will not run a polaris 550 fan. I haven't had one in my fleet since I got burned the 1st time in 2007. I personally would advise against any Polaris 550F motor purchase.

W

westhawk39

Dec 7, 2011
Whiteshell MB
Hopefully they have improved. I now know 3 people that bought 550F this season. 2 have over 2000 miles, one just bought. I'm not even going to mention it to them.

Merlin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 7, 2004
Medicine Hat, AB
Buyer beware. The polaris (fuji) 550 fan motor is notorious for failures. This has been a reoccurring problem since about 2007 and one they have not completely fixed. The motor has widely been used by rental shops and tour companies and most have been burned over and over and now most of the companies will not run a polaris 550 fan. I haven't had one in my fleet since I got burned the 1st time in 2007. I personally would advise against any Polaris 550F motor purchase.

So, did the issues pertain to the actual base engine? I.E. Pistons, cylinders, crank, bearings, etc.

Reason I ask is after a bit research on old threads(I know it's not gospel) it seems that many failures were attributable to oil injection(lack of lube to engine) & carb tuning(lean melt-downs) deficiencies.

Just curious......

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO

Oh? Is that why they are all over the place in Grand Lake and West Yellowstone? I've seen your posts before. You haven't owned one of these motors for 8 years and the posts I see are all old.

I'm not too concerned.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I was under the impression they had issues with cooling. Some body styles allowed better airflow than others. The Pro chassis is one I have no idea if they figured the cooling our on or not.

Laundryboy

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Anyone know if the arms off a Pro will fit on these sleds? 42.5" stance makes it a little too wide for my son to side hill.

Premium Features