• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

550 fan electrical problems

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
my wife's 08 ski doo 550 fan blew both headlights out and then the temp guage and low oil light came on. Took it to a dealer and they replaced the bulbs and put in a new oil sending unit in it and gave it back. Took it out today and it did the exact same thing again. Also it was flashing a 9-9 mi code for quit awhile then that went off. Any ideas?

S
Dec 17, 2007
my wife's 08 ski doo 550 fan blew both headlights out and then the temp guage and low oil light came on. Took it to a dealer and they replaced the bulbs and put in a new oil sending unit in it and gave it back. Took it out today and it did the exact same thing again. Also it was flashing a 9-9 mi code for quit awhile then that went off. Any ideas?
Hi, I know this was a long time ago but i bought a 2006 summit 550f for my son and it is doing the same things you mentioned. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? Stator plate?

Premium Features